2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Lot of Luxury...Not a lot of Price.
By Steve on 03/05/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on getting an SUV in spite of her having a reliable 2dr car that was paid for. I shopped around for awhile and saw that the Trailblazers came at a good price. We bought used with low miles. I couldn;t be happier with the car. It's got so many bells and whistles (we have the LTZ) it makes it fun to drive. Gas mileage is not the best but, it's an SUV what can you do.

TRAILBLAZER 101
By Kemp Morris on 01/27/06 16:46 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have put 60K on this truck.. it has never been in the shop for anything except the scheduled recalls. I have been off road 4x4 worked fine. This has been a great truck dependable. The key to these 4x4's is proper maitenence you must change your fluids.. I change all the fluids in the entire vehicle every 30k example rear diffs, transfer case, trans. etc (oil every 3500)and have used synthetic since day one. This has been a great vehicle. In comparison to everything in its class it has the best ride (smooth) of any of the SUV with solid rear axles

A great SUV to own and drive
By Zeke on 01/25/06 20:13 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had two 2002 Trailblazers LT, 1st one new , drove to 78,000 miles. Very reliable and great riding comfort on highway. Bought another 2002 used with only 18,000 miles because the first one was so reliable. Will keep this one for another couple years. Don't know why so called experts rate this car so low. May buy anew one in a couple years. Only one major complaint--The heating/AC controls are very difficult to figure out and use. Tell them to go back to the hot/cold with a fan control.Nothing complicated.

And they wonder why GM is going under??
By Renzo on 12/27/05 16:50 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the front face of this SUV in july 2001, went to test drive it in August, made a deal in September, and $30,000 later, I had my brand new Chevy Trailblazer. In the first 6 months, it was in for repairs 4 times, electrical, brakes, 4wd switch, more electrical, yet more electrical, etc. A year later, with around 28K miles, I got stuck out in VA (Im from NY). Tranny was locked, key locked, etc. Contacted GM, "take it to a dealer and theyll fix it". I manually unlock the tranny and had to drive 450 miles w/o int. lights, turn signals. Took it to dealer, They told me I had too many miles! The worst vehicle ever!

Gilbert
By Gilbert on 12/23/05 09:40 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Completely frustrated with this vehicle, been to the dealership countless times with repairs and totally frustrated with the fuel mileage. Having been a long time GM customer for me has come to an end. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is not surprising that GM is losing market share in North America, I know I will not buy another GM

Things that are difficult to correct
By tom j. cerniglia on 12/20/05 16:50 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent audtomobile for the purpose for which it was purchased. Problems with the fuel tank covered under warranty. Currently problem with engine light constantly on cannot be easily corrected by dealer. Seat and mirror memory is sporadic. Am told by dealer it could be belt noise?

Poor
By Pedro Villalon on 12/05/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Tens of mechanical problems, roof lining fell off, engine got stuck in first gear, needed towtruck, hydro sterring wheel pump failed, needed towtruck, had to replace motor and sensor of fan, 4x4 selector on dashboard had problems, jump from one gear to another, had to be replaced, to check the air pressure in the spare tire requieres to lower the tire from its niche. Big problem. Stops lights connectors are tiny wires that with vibration get loose, you have to put them apart to tighten them. Drivers seat is as comfortable as sitting on nails, the rest of the seat are ok. Wheather trim on right front door fell off. Canīt wait to sell it. Too bad itīs a company car and have to wait a year.

My Chevy Trailblazer
By Elaine Wade on 12/05/05 10:47 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very pleased with the overall performance of my Trailblazer. It is very comfortable for long and short driving periods, with adjustments for a drivers height and back comfort preferences. Despite the reviews about poor performances on handling on curves, I have found my Trailblazer to be very smooth on curves which I usually take at above average speeds. I have enjoyed it so much, as have my children, that my daughter purchased a 2006 Trailblazer also. This is one of the best midsize SUVs on the road without the need for the Lexus or Cadillac prestige price tags and logos. I can drive it off road, which I do, wash it and go to church or to a social function in style.

Love it!
By elemnopea on 11/23/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer LT 4X4 from a local Chevy dealership and I love it! It has plenty of pep for passing and smooth acceleration. The ride is a big improvement over the compact car I owned before. The dashboard controls are handy. It has plenty of cargo room for my family. My kids love the rear heat and air conditioning.

"Generally Favorable-But"
By ED Reinhardt on 11/10/05 11:52 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Generally favorable, confortable,good mileage,particularly HWY, good electronics, espec.ave/miles/gal.etc. However,several minor recalls, 2 tail- light assemblies, one fan motor, + major expense on a "fuel sender-unit" all at 45m-55m miles, make this a frustrating vehicle compared to my two Four-Runners. Might consider another Trailblazer only because of the phychological counseling provided by my dealer!