Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Chevy trailblazer
By Chevy Trailblazer

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 02 trailblazer and I just bought it last year it has spent more time in the shop than in my driveway. It is now also in the shop for new transmission. I hate this vehicle. My mechanic said the housing was busting on the inside in big chunks. I gave too much for it and I am still giving with the problems I have with it.

Almost completely satisfied
By Dennis

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this one new. Use for towing pop-up camper and boat. Good power and reasonable fuel economy with I-6: 18 mpg (suburban) 21 (highway) 16 mpg (highway towing). Only two mechanical problems: fan clutch (my pocket) and loose baffle in muffler (warranty). Original Goodrich tires went 60,000 miles. Very satisfied but will likey replace with one of the new GM crossovers for better economy and increased passenger capacity/cargo space.

Engine performance; ride; safety (wife walked away from a low speed head on collision).

Dashboard is very cheap looking. Brighter headlights; stock units seem dim. Engine noisy when cold.

Wind Noise
By mockster

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the power of this vehicle. I also love the "weight" of the vehicle. It feels sturdy. The cargo room is better than other SUVs I have owned. My biggest gripe and the reason I am looking to sell? Wind noise. This is the loudest vehicle I have ever driven in. It sounds like the windows are open when you get out on the highway. You cannot hear anyone from the back seat. I read reviews about the noise when I bought the vehicle but didn't realize what it really meant. I cannot drive it any longer because of this one complaint. It makes me crazy. Watch your air conditioning belt also. Mine froze up and cost $1100 to fix.

Engine power and cargo space

Fix the wind noise. The car is very loud on the inside.

Great SUV
By tpalite

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm an orginal owner and never have had any problems with the vechicle. At 102k miles the throttle position sensor went out, replace the throttle body module. This has been a great purchase. It is the most stable SUV at high speeds that I have test driven. I have no plans on getting rid of this vechicle, but if I need to replace it I would purchase a newer Trailblazer.

Auto lights

Plastic hub caps, paint fads when old. If they were metal they would age with the rims.

Love my Trailblazer!
By Love My Trailblazer!

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Trailblazer. The ride is so smooth! Very realible. It is 5 years old and have not had any problems with it at all. The rear stereo is great. My son can listen to his CDs while I listen to the radio. I think I will always buy Trailblazers.

Heated seats with adjustable lumbar support, sunroof, rear air and stereo, Bose stereo system with 6 disc in dash CD player, driver control system

Fuel mileage could be better, but after all it is a 4WD.