2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Nice truck
By Joe on 05/24/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used with 75000 miles on it and am very happy with it. Very comfortable with plenty of power. Auto 4wd works well. Styling is nice inside and out. Runs very smooth. I recommend vehicle.

No Regrets
By Tundraman on 05/24/06 10:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the TrailBlazer 4WD LTZ brand new almost 5 years ago, trading in my '96 Grand Cherokee Limited. Fuel economy, handling, power, reliability and quality are all about the same. The Chevy has better interior space and comfort although I think the front seats could be better. I think the Chevy's style, ride, stereo and other gadgets are better than the Jeep's. The only thing I miss is the sound of the V8. Chevy's V6 might have plenty of power but the sound of it is almost embarrassing. The trips back to the dealer have been infrequent, just regular servicing, fixing the turn signal on the side mirror that the car wash people broke and to fix a ding in the hood.

Most Nice
By Unknown on 05/12/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is a great vehicle to drive. I love it. The truck in my opinion is one of the best SUV's to come out in 2002

Good but not Great
By The Mow Man on 05/02/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Like the truck, but it can be improved.The seat belt location is hard to reach, it eats headlights and tail lights. Good power, lots of room for hockey equip, dogs and kids. Nice looking. Thinking about moving to newer.

Could be Better
By Could Be Better on 04/28/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked the look and the feel of the vehicle when I bought it. After 2 months it was in the shop for sway bar links, 4-wheel drive switch, and the 4-wheel drive had to be reprogrammed.That was over $2500 worth of work. I am waiting for more to go wrong, I was driving and noticed it is now making the same noise it did when the sway links went out. When will it ever stop?

Love my Trailblazer
By trailblazing babe on 04/11/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my TB for 2 weeks and I am very happy with all of it. The smooth ride, interior, sound, exterior is exceptional.

My Trailblazer
By AMANDA on 04/03/06 05:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Trailblazer a couple months ago. My Trailblazer does not have a ashtray and cruise. They do make them with cruise and a ashtray, mine just happen to be one of the ones that did not come with them. Other than that it has everything else a person could hope for. We haven’t owned it long enough to know if it is dependable or not, but so far hasn’t given any trouble. I love to take long trips and sleep while I'm riding so comfort is a big deal to me. These seats are awesome to sit on or sleep while on a trip. They have great support. I have found my Trailblazer has a lot of power.

Buyer Beware
By "BUYER BEWARE" on 03/31/06 08:06 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Chevy used. I knew the risk but car looked great, low miles and great used price. Did not buy an extended warranty because the car only had 28,000 miles and was in excellent condition. Three months and two car payments later the trnasmission falls apart on a car with 31,000 miles. Unlike many of its competitors, Chevy does not offer a 5 year warranty on the power train of the Trailblazer. Wonder why? Chevy knows this should not have happened but we still had to pay big. (Chevy did split the price with us). This car is junk. Do not buy! If you have to have it, buy a very good extended warranty.

Fix the Little Things!
By Fred on 03/20/06 15:58 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Started looking for an '02 Explorer, and then read about all the problems with them. So I switched over to the TrailBlazer. Liked almost everything I got. But a couple of little electrical issues keep this from being a great car. 1) Memory mirrors don't go where they are supposed to when preset is recalled. Dealer says it needs to be replaced, but I will just live with it. 2) OnStar system is not working. Needs to be fixed. Would have been nice to know before I signed up for the service. I think this is more a problem of the dealer not fixing a few issues before selling it, but with only 51K on it, these shouldn't be issues in the first place.

'02 Trailblazer
By Jon on 03/19/06 17:05 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. We've has it since it was new. Our set-up will tow 5500#, and the other gear ratio will tow 6500#. We used to use it to tow a small travel trailer, but has to buy a truck when we bought a larger unit. It was great to use to tow a boat also. They all come standard with a 4" Reese hitch receiver. If you just want performance, it has 270 Horsepower and has plenty of get up and go. In the snow it is great also. I remember Christmas the first year we owned it. There was about 14" of snow, and some roads actually hadn't been plowed all day. This car when right through it all and never got stuck. We drove right thought the snowbanks at the end of the unplowed driveway