2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
5 Years now - Still Best SUV
By Ben I on 05/08/07 06:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It has been 5 years now owning this TrailBlazer. I have to say I still will not trade it for anything else thatís on the market. It has not let me down, ever. Whether it was heavy rain, sleet, or snow, I always feel safe in this SUV. It still has a very smooth drive, as if you are in a limo. Great looking SUV, elegant with a touch of a muscle look. I have to admit, I do cater to this car, keeping up with all its scheduled maintenance, and boy has it ever returned its dividends. I have been a Chevy fan since the beginning. I have no reason to buy anything else.

Think twice
By Kelly Houston on 04/25/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excessive body roll at any speeds above 55MPH. Multiple recalls on critical systems. Sound system stinks with no tone control unless you like rap. Ride is smooth at all speeds just don't turn fast. Shift points are poor and slow. It is like driving a boat, smooth but no control. If you test drive any TrailBlazer drive it at 65MPH or higher and carefully try fast lane changes.

Just OK
By Trucking on 09/30/06 19:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has had its ups and downs. Just when you think it's all OK, somthing else is just not working right. I like the truck, and have hauled a lot of stuff in it, but it just can't pass up a dealer. I think it likes to have people looking under its hood.

I Love My TrailBlazer
By Linda on 09/12/06 16:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my vehicle for 4 years now and still love driving it. It is very comfortable for short and long distance driving. The only mechanical problem was the left tailight had to be replaced, under warranty, and the tires only lasted 32,000 miles. The paint looks the sames as when I bought it. Still has a great shine to it. The gas mileage is OK, expected for the type of vehicle it is. So if you want a vehicle that handles well, gives you the power when you need it, and comfort, this is great!

Excellence with exception
By Debi on 07/17/06 23:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, comfortable ride with many ammenities. Gas mileage 12 city, <18 hwy. Some recalls on wipers and seatbelt safety (but did not occur in my vehicle after inspection by dealership). Seems to be problem with rear lights - have replaced bulbs several times. I would buy another but this was the "first year" for the model. Just had to work out the bugs.

An American Rovlution
By Rock on 07/14/06 11:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer has an excellent ride going long distances. The exterior is excellent from a quality standpoint. You can see where they cut corners on the interior. The plastic that protects the odometer cracked from wear and tear and you have to press a button 4 times to turn the lights off during day riding. But, the car for the most part is dependable and is terrific in the snow. It has excellent pickup and smooth acceleration. I like the aggressive front as well. I would recommend it and by another one

I couldn't afford it.
By Rhonda W on 06/28/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car. It had enough room for my family of 5 plus a little more. In December 2002, the transmission went out for the first of three times. It was under warranty the first time, but not the other two times. The rear air conditioner had problems as well. On two different occasions it had to be repaired. After the third transmission failure in August 2005, I fixed it and traded it. I miss the car, but I had spent over $4,000 in repair and maintenance costs in the 15 mos following the expiration of my warranty. I just couldn't afford it anymore.

Few Problems
By Matthew on 06/19/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Trailblazer since March 2003. I have never had a major repair or problem with the vehicle. Handles like a car, and if you keep up with regular maintenance schedules, the car is a joy. I'm pushing 100,000 miles after 4 years and the car is still running like day one. I used to own a Blazer and it rode like a rock after 6 months, but the Trailblazer has run like a car since day one and thereafter. I would highly recommend it for safety, style and dependability.

Comfort To Drive
By robert watson on 06/08/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As an owner of this vehicle I have recommended it to several friends. I even went as far as to buy my wife one with the OnStar package. When you travel as much as I do you want reliability and comfort with no hassles and the Chevy TrailBlazer gives you just that. Best car I have ever owned

My Review
By IH on 06/02/06 09:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a fan of Chevy all my life. The TrailBlazer is comfort, style, class, and power all wraped into one big Chevy. I would definitely say that this is one of the most fun filled SUV's I have ever owned. The power of the TrailBlazer is unmatched by any other SUV I have ever owned. I would totally recommend a TrailBlazer anyday over an Explorer to anyone!