Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Never Again
By JW

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000 miles, good looking vehicle. have had numerous problems. 4 wheel drive went out so did read end. Also dual climate doesn't work and has been fixed 3 times. Terrible wind noise, washer fluid quits working has been repaired 4 times. Very hard on tires as well will now get good mileage no matter how many times you rotate them. Terrible fuel mileage as expected. Parts are very expensive as alternator costs over $200. Oil is difficult to change with the cover plate and design. Make sure you change tranny fluid or you will have that to deal with. Overall a good looking vehicle but probably the last Chevy I will ever own unless I buy a Corvette.

Exterior design, good driver in bad weather (as long as tires are new) Good radio, comfortable, good setting position.

Very noisy bad fit around weather strip & doors. Lots of mechanical problems. Cheap looking dash. Needs lots of maintenance, lots of things go bad, Dual climate control quits & so does washer fluid both fixed numerous times. Oil hard to change. This vehicle is not recommended wouldn't buy again.

Nothing to brag about
By stallion78

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for over 2 years. The leather interior and amount of drink holders is nice but the cheap looking dash and stereo system is a bad combination with the nice seats. Mostly the SUV has not been giving me trouble but one problem has never been corrected and that is the braking system which has been locking up at the worst times. Glad I haven't crashed into anyone yet.

Smooth comfortable drive, engine response, cargo space

Cheap dash, lousy brake system, gas guzzler for a 6cylinder

Still Going
By refpro

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have 142k on this SUV. I have not had to replace the tranny or engine. My goal is to get 200k on this vehicle. Little things have gone on this vehicle, lights on the dash have gone out. Some on the radio, gauges, etc. But owning this vehicle over 6 years, I think that's pretty good. I am a believer of preventive maintance, and I think that has helped in keeping my vehicle running. All fluids are changed reguarly, and the brake fluid,and front and rear diff has been changed. My mechanic recommended to change the radiator to extend the life of the tranny. Did that around 120k, so far so good. The suspension needed to be changed around 100k. But have not done that yet. And I proabably won't

Vehicle still looks very good. ABS-excellent. Still runs well

Electrical, Stiffer suspension

I like mine!
By jwells1988

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer just a few months back. So far I must say I have rather enjoyed it. It's good looking. Gets me from A to B comfortably. Fuel economy, not so great, but hey it's a 4.2L. Gets me moving! I would have no problems recomending this car to anyone.

Great horsepower for a 6cyl.

Handling, could be just my vehicle, but it feels a bit loose in the corners.

'02 Chevrolet Trail Blazer
By Danno

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

From the beginning until present, this vehicle has been super. I have had no problems with it to this date. Outside of regular service, the only expense has been new tires at 45,000 miles and a new battery at 35,000. Ride has been like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room. Excellent on trips over 50 miles. Acceleration when you need it is there. Today with gas near $4 I wish it had better mileage but it more than makes up for it with its spacious interior, ride, and visibility.

Exterior style. Comfortable seats. Visibility.

Better gas mileage, but that is a dream.