Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Awesome!!!
By Mitchell

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle in October of 2006, and I love it. This is my first SUV. Was looking at a Ford Explorer and other SUVs, but no other stacked up against the Trailblazer. We have had no major problems with it. No major check-ups. Drives great and looks great. A lot of room inside for the family. Runs smoothly and has a lot of power. Very reliable and I would highly recommend the Trailblazer to anyone who would ask!

Perfect SUV size, runs smooth, great looks, & VERY reliable.

Gas can be pricey, but that's what you should expect from a 4.2L V6. No major suggestions. Great vehicle!

Would not buy again
By crestedchris

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has been nothing but trouble from day 1. Trans blew at 3000 miles and brought it back under lemon law. I got a new one. Had transmission problems again and it blew at 48000 miles chevy didn't replace it because it was over 5 years. (I didn't drive it much)so that cost me 3 grand. The entire rear differential broke at 81000 miles (another 3k invested) and the trans module that controls the 4WD broke at 82000. Its horrible on gas. (says 18/21 i get about 13/15 when I drive well) The power isn't bad but for 36000$ new it was a complete rip off. Its comfortable to drive but I would never consider owning one again. And the seatbelts are so uncomfortable.

The body style is the only feature i like about the truck

EVERYTHING MECHANICAL ABOUT THE TRUCK. Its no wonder why they discontinued them.

they hold up well
By mike09

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had some problems here and there with the 4-wheel drive and the gas mileage is ok. but They hold up really well in a rollover accident. i lost control of mine and it rolled and it just shoved in the rear driver corner of the roof.

I loved the automatic headlights and running light. and the performance was surprisingly good for a 4500 pound suv.

the gas mileage should be improved i only got 17 mpg.

Great SUV
By master mechanic

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I now have 127,000 miles on my Trailblazer and still love it. I has been great. I have had it off road many times and have at times been quite rough on it, but I do all the regular maintenance when it is supposed to be done. It still goes down the highway very nicely and I can get 21.5 mpg, not bad for a fairly big truck. I will never go back to a honda or toyota, they were junk. I have been spoiled by my Trailblazer. I plan to keep it for a long time to come.

Comfort. Great in any weather condition. I never felt safe in my honda and I feel very safe in my Trailblazer.

I wish the console was a bit higher.

Be ready for Repairs
By Colorado

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with an extended warranty, thank heavens. Within a month they had to replace the whole engine due to valve problems, after 50000 miles transmission cracked in half. Also thankfully covered under warranty. 30000 miles later transmission out again. This time on my dollar. Also clicking noises constantly under the hood that no one can figure out. We do regular maintenance but the big things just keep adding up. I love my truck, the look, the handling, and space but I couldn't in good conscience recommend it to anyone with such costly repairs continuing every time we turn around. They have major problems with the engines in that year and the transmissions.

They need a transmission that will hold up with the truck, especially when it comes with a tow package.