2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Chevy trailblazer
By Chevy Trailblazer on 02/02/08 17:05 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 02 trailblazer and I just bought it last year it has spent more time in the shop than in my driveway. It is now also in the shop for new transmission. I hate this vehicle. My mechanic said the housing was busting on the inside in big chunks. I gave too much for it and I am still giving with the problems I have with it.

Almost completely satisfied
By Dennis on 09/11/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this one new. Use for towing pop-up camper and boat. Good power and reasonable fuel economy with I-6: 18 mpg (suburban) 21 (highway) 16 mpg (highway towing). Only two mechanical problems: fan clutch (my pocket) and loose baffle in muffler (warranty). Original Goodrich tires went 60,000 miles. Very satisfied but will likey replace with one of the new GM crossovers for better economy and increased passenger capacity/cargo space.

Wind Noise
By mockster on 09/05/07 20:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the power of this vehicle. I also love the "weight" of the vehicle. It feels sturdy. The cargo room is better than other SUVs I have owned. My biggest gripe and the reason I am looking to sell? Wind noise. This is the loudest vehicle I have ever driven in. It sounds like the windows are open when you get out on the highway. You cannot hear anyone from the back seat. I read reviews about the noise when I bought the vehicle but didn't realize what it really meant. I cannot drive it any longer because of this one complaint. It makes me crazy. Watch your air conditioning belt also. Mine froze up and cost $1100 to fix.

Great SUV
By tpalite on 08/27/07 06:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm an orginal owner and never have had any problems with the vechicle. At 102k miles the throttle position sensor went out, replace the throttle body module. This has been a great purchase. It is the most stable SUV at high speeds that I have test driven. I have no plans on getting rid of this vechicle, but if I need to replace it I would purchase a newer Trailblazer.

Love my Trailblazer!
By Love My Trailblazer! on 08/13/07 10:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Trailblazer. The ride is so smooth! Very realible. It is 5 years old and have not had any problems with it at all. The rear stereo is great. My son can listen to his CDs while I listen to the radio. I think I will always buy Trailblazers.

I love it!
By Rick on 06/27/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I knocked out the factory muffler and replaced it with a Dynomax and eliminated the rear resonator. I also replace air filter with a K&N. My truck has the feel of a sports car and the fuel economy of a smaller truck. I average 19.5 MPG and it has 85K miles on it. The only items replaced on it have been the O2 sensor, serpentine belt, four tires and headlight relay. I have maintained it according to OEM requirements. I considered many SUV's before purchasing this truck and comparing others I still can't find a better truck for the money after 5 years. I still have the original brakes!

'02 Trailblazer
By Sterk0414 on 06/14/07 16:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Once you get past the fact that you will only get a max of 16 miles per gallon you'll love this truck. It's got plenty and good pick up for the size of the SUV. This was my first SUV purchase after driving only little sports cars and i'm not sure if I can switch back.

So Good I Purchased one for my wife!
By John Horton on 06/05/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with the ride looks and durability of the car. The only problems I have had have been the tail lights which GM did fix and I never had a problem again with either vechicle. I purchsed a second one for my wife and we both have been pleased with the performance of the car.

Okay for the Money
By Not Again on 06/02/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first Chevy I have owned and for the first few months it was great. I had to take it in for several recalls (3x) and about 6 times for rear brake lights. I have spent about $2000 in repairs for misc items. The CD player is now having problems switching between radio and cd player on its own. Now the computer is going out. I guess for the money it is okay, but would suggest only keeping it for a few years and then trading it in for something else.

Good Enough for Me
By brisk8 on 05/15/07 17:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Only a few minor repairs that I had to pay for: leaking exhaust manifold, leaking cam positioning sensor, siezed water pump, tie rods, brakes and disks (only one a little out of the ordinary). Current concerns, a/c vent actuator for the dash vents and "loose" timing chain that does not concern my mechanic. Engine very reliable, powerful, and relatively efficient. Linear 6 engine is great addition to Chevy lineup. OEM tires a little weak but got over 50,000 out of replacement Bridgestones. Numerous recalls hadled by dealer (no charge). If considering buying, have all major components checked: engine, trans, differential. If they are OK, I recommend purchasing.