Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

It's soooooo bad
By What a lemon

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have never bought a new car with so many problems. All these problems and it never went off road. All sway bars had to be replaced within the first 3 months to stop the banging noise when I made a turn. The entire left wheel had to be replaced and remounted. The squeeking noise during normal driving is driving me mad. Now the transmition doesn't always shift from 1st to 2nd. It has been in to be repaired at least once per month since I bought it. I'm dumping it before the warranty runs out. DO NOT BUY ONE.

Exterior shape

Scap the entire design.

GREAT TRUCK
By BRIAN HEYDORN

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

THIS VEHICLE IS GREAT FOR THE FAMILY

Overated MPG
By ronling

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer fuel ratings of 16/22 are way high. We avg 15mpg combined and only achieve 17 to 18mpg on a full tank of freeway driving. I`m a commercial driver so mileage on the open road should be much better.

Nice vehicle!!!
By GBPacker

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. Fun to drive; impressed with smooth engine and automatic transmission. Nice height, easy in & out. Couple of minor problems with wipers/auto moisture detect. Dealer fixed, no further problems. Owned a GMC Yukon previous; nice vehicle, but the Trailblazer is great. Would definitely buy again. Drivers side rearview mirror changes position when key is removed and engine restarted.

All the bells and whistles, heated seats are nice. Excellent sound system. Plently of room for a large framed drived. Memory system for all settings for 2 drivers is real neat.

Some interior parts are "plasticy" and armrest is squeak when resting arm on it.

love my LTZ
By love my LTZ

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best 36000 I ever spent. COmpared to the price and comfort of the Mercedes ML 320 that I looked at before buying this, the Trail BLazer blows it away. It rides like a car and has many features for a family, (dual radio and climate controls). The only problems encountered were with the electronics. The seat would not move into position sometimes when ignition was started, and side veiw mirrors seem to have a mind of their own and not stay in set place.

Leather heated seats, BOSE audio system, ON-STAR, rain sensing windsheild wipers.

Get kinks out of electronics, and add more design to dash, maybe wood-grain.