2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Never Again
By JW on 06/24/08 04:46 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000 miles, good looking vehicle. have had numerous problems. 4 wheel drive went out so did read end. Also dual climate doesn't work and has been fixed 3 times. Terrible wind noise, washer fluid quits working has been repaired 4 times. Very hard on tires as well will now get good mileage no matter how many times you rotate them. Terrible fuel mileage as expected. Parts are very expensive as alternator costs over $200. Oil is difficult to change with the cover plate and design. Make sure you change tranny fluid or you will have that to deal with. Overall a good looking vehicle but probably the last Chevy I will ever own unless I buy a Corvette.

Nothing to brag about
By stallion78 on 06/10/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for over 2 years. The leather interior and amount of drink holders is nice but the cheap looking dash and stereo system is a bad combination with the nice seats. Mostly the SUV has not been giving me trouble but one problem has never been corrected and that is the braking system which has been locking up at the worst times. Glad I haven't crashed into anyone yet.

Still Going
By refpro on 06/05/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have 142k on this SUV. I have not had to replace the tranny or engine. My goal is to get 200k on this vehicle. Little things have gone on this vehicle, lights on the dash have gone out. Some on the radio, gauges, etc. But owning this vehicle over 6 years, I think that's pretty good. I am a believer of preventive maintance, and I think that has helped in keeping my vehicle running. All fluids are changed reguarly, and the brake fluid,and front and rear diff has been changed. My mechanic recommended to change the radiator to extend the life of the tranny. Did that around 120k, so far so good. The suspension needed to be changed around 100k. But have not done that yet. And I proabably won't

I like mine!
By jwells1988 on 05/27/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer just a few months back. So far I must say I have rather enjoyed it. It's good looking. Gets me from A to B comfortably. Fuel economy, not so great, but hey it's a 4.2L. Gets me moving! I would have no problems recomending this car to anyone.

'02 Chevrolet Trail Blazer
By Danno on 05/23/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

From the beginning until present, this vehicle has been super. I have had no problems with it to this date. Outside of regular service, the only expense has been new tires at 45,000 miles and a new battery at 35,000. Ride has been like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room. Excellent on trips over 50 miles. Acceleration when you need it is there. Today with gas near $4 I wish it had better mileage but it more than makes up for it with its spacious interior, ride, and visibility.

Really Nice SUV
By Brandy on 05/23/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my TrailBlazer. It is a very comfortable vehicle. Have had it 3 1/2 years. Only problems have been clearcoat peeling on rims(warranty fixed), temp control sensor (warranty fixed), and front wiper motor. The front windshield wiper issue was a recall that should have been fixed by the dealership, but a friend of ours (a GM mechanic) looked it up and found out they took the cheap route and didn't replace the whole thing. The only issue I have now is gas mileage. It is average for a SUV, but may have to trade off since I have a long commute. The computer says I average 17.8. At highway speeds (55-70), I have seen instant economy of 19-30 though. Have to readjust outside mirrors rarely.

Put it through hell
By Big D on 05/09/08 22:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had very little problems with my TrailBlazer. I do a lot of towing, 3500lb. boat and 5000lb. travel trailer. I take it out to the woods all the time. Have recently had to replace the water pump. Still using the original brakes and only on my third set of tires. Not having any of the problems with stereo and so forth that other reviewers are discussing. I put my Trailblazer thru hell and have loved every minute of it.

Awesome!
By Deb on 03/27/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am from the UK so I had to find a car that was all in 1. Having never driven in snow I needed a good stable 4WD. This SUV is outstanding in all aspects. I am realy pleased I bought this car so I am totally recommending it to everyone that is thinking about buying one.

Never Again
By NDMN on 02/29/08 12:51 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since new. The first time it was in the shop was 10 days after I bought it due to a "flapping" sound on the highway. It took 3 additional trips to determine that there were screws missing in the wheel well. The build quality on this car is terrible, it has been in the shop 30+ times for all manner of problems. Now I am looking to get a new car (Toyota) I find that my $30k SUV is worth almost nothing. GM has forever lost a customer with this vehicle.

Disappointedchevyowner
By neverbuychevyagain on 02/05/08 18:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a "certified" used 2002 from the dealership w/ extended warranty. this broke down 3 days after I drove it off the lot. took 3 weeks to get back. I have had nothing but 1 problem after another in 4 yrs of ownership. Engine just went at 70k (manuf defect w/ cyl wall) and after 6 weeks I finally get back with used engine that doesn't run right. On way home front suspension fell apart- not put back together properly. Calls to Chevy/GM were no help. GM will not stand behind their vehicles and basically acted like they didn't even want to hear about my problem. GM refused to give new engine or guarantee on used engine. I'll never buy GM again. Getting Subaru if I ever get back.