2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Our first SUV - a winner!
By DLandL on 03/15/02 16:29 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV. For a long time, we were against them, but when our daughter was born, we realized that our cars just couldn't cut it in terms of rear seat and cargo, especially when it came to road trips to see family. We first looked at cute-utes, but they were barely bigger than our Subaru, so we decided to look at the mid-size category. We seriously considered the Toyota Highlander as well, which is definitely a nice SUV, but with the $2002 cash backs and attractive interest rates, it was a no-brainer to go with the Chevy (it didn't help that we couldn't get a Highlander without a ton of options - and none of the dealers we talked to were willing to order one).

mmc knows
By mmc on 03/14/02 21:42 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. I hear some complaints about headlights. Mine are great and I can see good at night. Thhe steering is very tight. No one has mentioned the tight turning radius. Wow. This SUV can park in tight spots no other chevy of comparible size could even think about. I don't like the non-removable mirrors on the visors( I got the LS model).Out of all the reviews I have read on the trailblazer I have not read one thing about the killer stereo. Good thing I have cruise control, because it's real easy to drive faster than I ought to be driving. mmc

2002 LS
By shayes1 on 03/14/02 14:23 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 89 s10 w/175K miles and a 2000 Blazer, so it's not surprising I have added this to my garage. The great exterior styling is beyond what I could ever wish for in a Chevy SUV. Other pluses are the strong engine, smooth ride, but it would have been nice to drop the solid axle. One thing I did not like is the fact you are forced to buy OnStar to get a sunroof in the LS (shame on you Chevy).

Great Truck!
By Maz on 03/14/02 11:17 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 18 yrs. old and this is my first truck! i love it! it drives better than any truck that i have ever driven! i love being in it because it is so comfortable! it has great pick up and i love the outside designs! I am very happy to be driving a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer! I don't think I could ever move to a car after owning this! it is really great!

LTZ
By RICK KLUGE on 03/13/02 11:25 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

GOOD PERFORMANCE, OVERALL VERY HAPPY WITH CAR.

2002 Trailblazer LTZ
By MThode on 03/12/02 23:55 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The power, handling and look of the Trailblazer is great. I have read some reviews that say the front seat belts are awkward, but being 5'4", I find them very comfortable. They don't ride up on my neck. I wanted a SUV that I wouldn't be afraid to take camping, pull jet skis, or other wise use it for what you bought it for. Some SUVs we test drove were too "soft". The Ford Explorer (we traded in our Explorer) was too plain. The Trailblazer had the right look and feel for us.

TB is Kickin
By lincis2 on 03/12/02 13:08 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV. After 6 months of shopping I chose hands down the TrailBlazer. The perfomance is their with the 270hp I6. Nothing else I test drove with a 6cyl could match the power. The handaling is great. I drove through a pretty heavy rainfall the other day and it drove great, better than any other car or truck I have owned

Competitors shakin in their boots
By CUFFS on 03/12/02 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The all new TrailBlazer is great. The excelleration was incredible, reaching 60+ in what seemed like nearly 8 seconds. The TrailBlazer has a smoooooth ride and stiff steering. There is little to no vibration at speeds of 90+. The wind noise at higher speeds is less than desirable but tolerable. The stereo is awesome with CD player and 8 speakers throughout.

My Chevy
By Casey7 on 03/10/02 20:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Chevy Trailblazer. It is the first Chevy I have driven since '55. It has a very comfortable ride, plenty if power and is well designed and built. The transmission could use more crisp changing. I have only one major problem, the milege is pretty bad. I get 15 around town and 16.4 on the interstate. Over all , the Trailblezer is great.

We loe it
By rhpetersen on 03/08/02 10:55 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a '97 Blazer LT for 84000 miles, the logical step was to a TrailBlazer LT for our next vehicle. With virtually no change in sticker price in the 5 years between the vehicle purchases, the value of the TrailBlazer is obvious. Bigger vehicle, more power, great build quality, etc. . .