Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Don't Waste Your Hard Earned Money
By smokiesmum

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Not only have I had this car in for service at least 10 times, I lost a ton of money in its resale value. The build quality is terrible, half the problems I have had were deemed as "could not duplicate" by the dealership and went unfixed. Now, I am trying to unload this hunk of junk and getting hosed by the resale. This is the fourth Chevy in a row I have owned that has NOT performed well, you would think I would have learned my lesson by now.... Don't make the same mistake I made!!!

Favorite Features

It has some pep and the sound system isn't too bad.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a complete overhaul.

ThisSUV is AWESOME
By TrlBlzrLvr

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. It has a very roomy interior and it looks nice. It doesn't have any of that cheap plasticy stuff.It rides very smoothly and the inline 6 has a lot of pep. My only compaint is the engine is a little louder sounding that what I'm use to.

Favorite Features

exterior,radio, dual climate

Suggested Improvements

engine could be quieter, needs radio controls in the back.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!
By mawilliams6

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Rides like a luxury car, built tough as a truck. Vehicle has always been dependable in all types of weather. My wife even enjoys driving it, and what woman enjoys driving a truck?

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, and Onstar system

Suggested Improvements

n/a

2002 chevrolet trailblazer ext
By randy raspotnik

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

trailblazer is by far the best suv that i have ever owned or driven. it is very stylish inside and out. the style of the vehicle had a very large part in my wifes decision of the vechicle, my decision was based on ride, performance ( our salesman gave us the keys and said drive I'm here for the questions only. so we took it on a 20 mile test drive.) comfort of not just the drivers seat but all three rows of seats, ease of servicing, and style. we still get great compliments on the trailblazer. whenever we go any place with friends or family they want to go in our trailblazer. we bought the trailblazer loaded.

Favorite Features

the bose premium soun system with 6 cd in dash changer is ausome. the aound it puts out makes you think the artist is right there performing live. having all the ac and stereo controls in the steering wheel is great.

Suggested Improvements

gm has the technology to make the suvs get better fuel milage without reducing weight or safety, why don't they? the small cup holders in front of the shifter are non functional because of a close placement to the stereo. a light needs to be added to the consol and passenger floor.

Love it, need more room for gas
By mmmmm

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm very pleased with this one. It's fast, it will tow my 22 foot boat, and it looks gooood. It's comfortable, but could use a little bit more room in the back seat. Child seat is very hard to install in the middle because the seat is shorter, to inclined and the split between seats makes it lack support. No problem on passenger side though.

Favorite Features

Body style, inline 6, speediness.

Suggested Improvements

NEEDS A BIGGER GAS TANK, IM TIRED OF REFUELING EVERY 4 DAYS