2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Jury is still out
By Kareem on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the Chevy TB. I love the design. The quality of leather on the seats looks very cheap. Very smooth engine. Lots of cargo space. Good ride for an SUV. I'm still a little leary of the long term reliability.

get comfortable seats
By jon holtzleiter on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

seats are to hard and not bucket enough. A arm rest is needed for front and back seats. Onstar is a price pack and should not be required in the upper scale models.

Great Ride!
By SD Driver on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I shopped for SUV's For approx. 2 months before looking at the new TrailBlazer. For the price, I am convinced that this is the best vehicle available in the SUV market. I am very pleased with the quality of the ride (extremely tight) and the performance of the engine and drivetrain (this baby moves!). There is a little roll in the corners, but then again - IT IS A SUV! It is not a Sports Car.

kgbkahnk
By kgbkahnk on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great styling. Fantastically smooth, powerful engine. Just cannot seem to get better than about 16 mpg, even in all-highway driving, and it could use better steering feel.

Vibration between 58-60 MPH
By MikeS on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As described in Liz and NewOwners comments regarding the vibration around 60 mph, I have the exact same problem and have brought this problem to the attention of the selling dealership more than a few times. Although the service department was extremely friendly and sympathetic, diagnostics could not reveal the source of the problem nor any solution from GMC that would correct the problem. They mentioned that the problem could be anything from the engine to the transfer casing. The dealership said that GMC was aware of this problem and may be able to correct it via reprogramming of the vehicles computer. If I hear of any correction, I'll post here again.

Just Buy it !!!!
By Gandalf on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I read the "expert reviews" and I read the consumer reviews. The consumers have it right, this is one great car. There is no loud noise over 50 mph, the car is quiet, powerful and great looking. I bought the LTZ fully loaded, black with pewter trim. I suggest getting all the options especially the Bose Stereo !!!! Rock and Roll with the Trailblaxer. FYI I am a 44 year old 5'9 not skinny man and it couldn't be more comfortable

Love my LTZ
By Wach on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The inline 6 provides exceptional power and in passing situations it unbeleivable how easily the LTZ speed up. Gadgets and more gadgets I got to admit I like a lot of option and the LTZ has all of them. I think GM is on to something with one...

Take This Truck And Shove It!!!
By J. R. on 03/17/02 17:40 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck in oct, 2001. it has been in the shop more than 15 times within 6 months. Sometimes it will not start. Sometimes it cuts off while driving. Not a good feeling at all. Everytime it has been to the shop, they can't seem to find anything wrong. So to add to my list of problems, I continue to hear wind noises, problems with the seatbelts, cd changer has been replaced... the list is endless. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Not happy
By Kcameron on 03/16/02 09:35 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After taking the car to the dealer and not having the roaming mirrors fixed or the roar at 57 to 62 mph, I traded the car for a Tahoe

So far so good
By TrailBlazer on 03/16/02 08:51 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Only 900 miles so far, mostly city, and driving, comfort, sense of security and somewhat fresh styling are all making me glad I bought it. Vehicle is a big hit with family and friends, partly due to plush LTZ features. But the truck has a nice sturdy feel. While I give a slight edge to Envoy's exterior, I went for "it is what it is" simplicity of the Chevy interior vs. the Envoy "wanna be luxury" styling. Flexible dealer, great price made this a value not to walkaway from.