Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

WHERE'S MY TRANSMISSION ?
By cmp glsn

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At 35,000 miles I lost reverse, second and my overdrive gears. The GM technician commented that there were problems like mine in the GM trucks that have identical transmissions. At 74,000 miles it fails again. Now here I sit, thinking GM will stand behind their product. WRONG!!! I asked GM if they are able to build a transmission that could last more than 35,000 miles...they laughed at me. I work for Goodyear/Gemini and you only have one shot with your customer. GM blew it!!! I would never treat my customers this way if I knew they felt uncomfortable with any product or service that I sold. BUY TOYOTA!!! Your best deal is great service, not a great price.

Onstar. Helped my wife in a tornado. Thank you Onstar.

Use a Toyota transmission.

Not sure
By seanzo

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just got one used, the 2002 LS, so its a year old. Only problem so far is that on a cold morning, if I don't let it warm up enough, the tranny sounds like its racing even at 2500 rpms, and there's no power to the car, it just crawls. If I stop and give it a minute, the problem stops. Could be an exhaust problem, a misfiring piston, transmission, or I dunno what else. It's only happened 3 times, all on a cold morning. But its not even winter yet.

Auto Volume on stereo compensates voume when you accelerate/decelerate. Great at toll booths.

Gas mileage sucks. AC fans are noisey.

Very very good!
By Flawsey

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is great if you can't afford one of the other big SUV's like a Tahoe or Etc... . I got mine for a great deal so I was please with the price. I only had the truck for 4 months but so far no problems !

I like when the other regular Blazer owners stare or ask questions.

Well I did my first oil change with Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Doing a oil change is tricky the first time because you have to remove this plate to get to the oil drain plug and filter other than smooth sailing.

TrailBlazer disappoints
By unclebug

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This inline six should get much better gas mileage. With all city driving I am lucky to get 12 mpg. Very disapointing!

I really like the seven-seat arrangement and the powerful engine.

improve gas mileage.

Great Value SUV
By Steelhead

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my EB Explorer because it was literally falling apart after 85,000 miles. I looked at SUV's for several weeks to make sure I was getting the best price for what I wanted. I looked at Jeeps, Honda, Toyota, etc(sorry, no Fords). When I saw the Trailblazer EXT LT with all the upgrades and price, I new I had found the right SUV. It rides like a dream, great power equipment and ALL the bells and wistles found in a 40K+ SUV. The stereo is amazing and the ride is superb. I am averaging almost 18 MPG on the HWY, hope to get better, but it is a bigger SUV.

Stereo, power group.