Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Luv My LTZ
By LTZGuy

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with my LTZ 4WD bought 2 years & 60k miles ago. Everyone loves the way the car looks, handles and the quite ride. I looked at the Mercedes, X5, 4 Runnerand the MDX. The trailblazer had the best combination of price, power and features. Zipping around town so much more fun to drive than my Yukon. The car does have a personality with its various electronic problems including electronic side mirrors (replaced 6 times now at dealer) dash board power failures, occasional tendency to try to shift into 4wd Low! on the highway at 80 mph, alarm problems. Overall ive been very happy with a car.

Favorite Features

Coolest feature: auto windshield wippers. Best Feature: Bose sound system. 270hp engine.

Suggested Improvements

Electronics; upgrade quality of interior, dash board, leather, interior design, seating comfort. Dealer service has been poor. Disappointed with onStar.

Transmission Problems??
By hettel

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Trailblazer, but was wondering if anyone else has had transmission problems? We've already had to have sensor replaced to shift from first to second and now it seems to be having a problem again. Everything else is superb!

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission

The lemon in the bowl of fruit.
By Blank

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Sharp looking vehicle; good fuel economy for an SUV; handles well; However, lots of repairs, rattles and noises. Overall, it has all of the parts of the puzzle. It just wasn't put together well. Disappointing!! Selling it ASAP.

Favorite Features

Good design, but too close in cost to the Tahoe which is twice the vehicle; both in quality and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality. Work out the bugs. Make it more durable.

MY TRUCK IS RUSTING
By DEPRESSED

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was purchased at the very end of 2001 so has now been through two Michigan winters. After only 18mos of ownership, RUST has developed along all of the doors lower, inner edge seams and along the inner underside of the hood. Rust is the equivalent of cancer in a car, almost impossible to stop once it has gotten a start. In this day & age, there is no excuse for this lapse in quality. My opinion has gone from one of joy to despair as this truck is not going to last as long as I had hoped...just more money wasted. Too bad, as this truck has been mechanically trouble free.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride. Strong engine and decent gas mileage for a vehicle this size and weight, enhanced perhaps by my use of synthetic oil.

Suggested Improvements

Number of electrical quirks noted which need to be eliminated. Better lateral support in the front seats. Improved corrosion resistance.

WHERE'S MY TRANSMISSION ?
By cmp glsn

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At 35,000 miles I lost reverse, second and my overdrive gears. The GM technician commented that there were problems like mine in the GM trucks that have identical transmissions. At 74,000 miles it fails again. Now here I sit, thinking GM will stand behind their product. WRONG!!! I asked GM if they are able to build a transmission that could last more than 35,000 miles...they laughed at me. I work for Goodyear/Gemini and you only have one shot with your customer. GM blew it!!! I would never treat my customers this way if I knew they felt uncomfortable with any product or service that I sold. BUY TOYOTA!!! Your best deal is great service, not a great price.

Favorite Features

Onstar. Helped my wife in a tornado. Thank you Onstar.

Suggested Improvements

Use a Toyota transmission.