2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Sort Reviews by

Trailblazer Review
By MrT

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A top preformer...I have put 12k on this truck with one complaint...the headlights , when they burn out are impossible for the owner to replace...dealer warranty item.

Favorite Features

Style and power are the tops on the list...gas mileage better than expected.

Suggested Improvements

better headlight replacement for owner to do on his/her own

Not a good SUV at all
By ericx

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV hoping it would be the best yet. However, all I have had is problems! The transmission was just replaced. I stalled out on a freeway ramp. Started smoking at 1,500 miles. The interior needs some work. The shifter should be on the column. Radio is confusing. Plastic is hard and ugly. Outside is the ugliest Chevy I have ever seen.

Favorite Features

None, I like this SUV when it actually WORKS!

Suggested Improvements

Redo the whole SUV. People want something they can be proud of!

Perfect vehicle
By JimmyRalls

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle no problems yet

Favorite Features

Bose, Heated Seats, Memory package

Suggested Improvements

Buy it You will net regret it!

I'd rather push my Chevy than drive a...
By cmadden

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the money, I’ve found my LS to be a great buy. It’s got a really quick, high revving engine that gets good gas mileage. Mine came with “Preferred Equipment Group 3” which includes things like remote keyless entry, cruise control and theft deterrent system. But more impressive are the standard features like automatic headlight sensors (turn on interior lights depending on light conditions), programmable door lock settings, circuit board electronics (rather than miles of wire), 16 inch aluminum wheels, full size spare, radio / CD that turns down the volume when the vehicle slows, gas shocks, dual zone AC with rear passenger controls, dual stage airbags and side impact air bags.

Favorite Features

The styling is bold without being edgy like most of the Chevy truck line. The ride and suspension boarders on being plush. The turning radius is better than most compact cars (this is due to the straight six platform). Acceleration is smooth and responsive.

Suggested Improvements

The steering doesn’t give you much feel of the road. In fast cornering, the car is going to stay in the lines, you just don’t get the steering feedback telling you everything is ok. I also found the interior to be a bit plain, so I added a wood dash kit to brighten things up.

Need to work the bugs out!
By Sgtpepper

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleased with the vehicle overall but have had problems. I had the vehicle only two weeks when I noticed a whine in the rear. It turned out that the entire rear end needed to be replaced. Problems with electrical system I've had to have the wiper motor replaced and now the recirculation fan on the a/c isn't working. I'm also experiencing trouble with the automatic climate control system. Sometimes it blows cold and sometimes warm when set at 60 the fan speed changes even when it is set to manual control. I have also had occasions where the entire driver information system, including gauges, went dead on me. There is a wind noise issue with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Overall appearance, inside and out Smooth ride Nice acceleration Lots of gadgets

Suggested Improvements

Debug the electrial system Take care of the wind noise Make back seats reclining

g
By Chris Clark

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trail Blazer has good low end power but, in 0-60 times it is a dog. The Blazer has roomy back seat and also up front.

Favorite Features

Chevy did a good job in locating the oil filter so there are many ways to get to it.

Suggested Improvements

There is alot of engine noise a normal city speeds. Also they should use push buttons for the volune control.

going deaf, you will have to speak up!
By S.S.

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have 4000 miles on this vehicle with four trips to the service dept. The engine and overall ride is nice, but it has such extreme wind noise through the doors that it is very uncomfortable and distracting. Dont upgrade the stereo you will not be able to enjoy it! They tell me the drivers door was probably welded to the frame wrong! Where is your quality control Chevrolet? We work hard for our money and will take it elsewhere if you cant make a quality product or fix these mistakes!

Favorite Features

The engine, looks, and overall ride.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise, loose doors, weather striping and door seal look like a after thought! windhield wiper dont overlap-dump water right in drivers view

Best Mid-Size SUV Available
By racquetball33

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Unbelievable standard features in LTZ trim. The wife's favorite thing is the heated seats, mine's the 270HP I-6. The vehicle looks soooo much better with the 17" rims and tires. My truck is the most solid I've ever driven and it has a great turning radius, you can whip it into just about anywhere. I drove the new Explorer and (yawn) wasn't impressed. Same with the Durango. I liked the Pathfinder alot but it just didn't have all the things the TB did. The ride and drive just don't compare to anything else period

Favorite Features

See review.

Suggested Improvements

A little more room to get into the back seats. Maybe a little more horsepower for the LTZ trim.

Love It! Love It! Love It!
By rrhodes

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wow...more than I ever imagined. So much fun to drive!!

nice
By shawn

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort and power in an easy to drive package!

Favorite Features

Onstar,BOSE CD Changer,awesome 4 wheel drive.