2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Trailblazer Review
By MrT on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A top preformer...I have put 12k on this truck with one complaint...the headlights , when they burn out are impossible for the owner to replace...dealer warranty item.

Not a good SUV at all
By ericx on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV hoping it would be the best yet. However, all I have had is problems! The transmission was just replaced. I stalled out on a freeway ramp. Started smoking at 1,500 miles. The interior needs some work. The shifter should be on the column. Radio is confusing. Plastic is hard and ugly. Outside is the ugliest Chevy I have ever seen.

Perfect vehicle
By JimmyRalls on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle no problems yet

I'd rather push my Chevy than drive a...
By cmadden on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the money, I’ve found my LS to be a great buy. It’s got a really quick, high revving engine that gets good gas mileage. Mine came with “Preferred Equipment Group 3” which includes things like remote keyless entry, cruise control and theft deterrent system. But more impressive are the standard features like automatic headlight sensors (turn on interior lights depending on light conditions), programmable door lock settings, circuit board electronics (rather than miles of wire), 16 inch aluminum wheels, full size spare, radio / CD that turns down the volume when the vehicle slows, gas shocks, dual zone AC with rear passenger controls, dual stage airbags and side impact air bags.

Need to work the bugs out!
By Sgtpepper on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleased with the vehicle overall but have had problems. I had the vehicle only two weeks when I noticed a whine in the rear. It turned out that the entire rear end needed to be replaced. Problems with electrical system I've had to have the wiper motor replaced and now the recirculation fan on the a/c isn't working. I'm also experiencing trouble with the automatic climate control system. Sometimes it blows cold and sometimes warm when set at 60 the fan speed changes even when it is set to manual control. I have also had occasions where the entire driver information system, including gauges, went dead on me. There is a wind noise issue with this vehicle.

g
By Chris Clark on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trail Blazer has good low end power but, in 0-60 times it is a dog. The Blazer has roomy back seat and also up front.

going deaf, you will have to speak up!
By S.S. on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have 4000 miles on this vehicle with four trips to the service dept. The engine and overall ride is nice, but it has such extreme wind noise through the doors that it is very uncomfortable and distracting. Dont upgrade the stereo you will not be able to enjoy it! They tell me the drivers door was probably welded to the frame wrong! Where is your quality control Chevrolet? We work hard for our money and will take it elsewhere if you cant make a quality product or fix these mistakes!

Best Mid-Size SUV Available
By racquetball33 on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Unbelievable standard features in LTZ trim. The wife's favorite thing is the heated seats, mine's the 270HP I-6. The vehicle looks soooo much better with the 17" rims and tires. My truck is the most solid I've ever driven and it has a great turning radius, you can whip it into just about anywhere. I drove the new Explorer and (yawn) wasn't impressed. Same with the Durango. I liked the Pathfinder alot but it just didn't have all the things the TB did. The ride and drive just don't compare to anything else period

nice
By shawn on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort and power in an easy to drive package!

Love It! Love It! Love It!
By rrhodes on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wow...more than I ever imagined. So much fun to drive!!