Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

We enjoy our SUV
By RachaelAC

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We wanted to find a reasonably priced SUV before we started our family. The Trailblazer gave us practically everything we wanted. The ride is nice, it has nice power and towing capacity. The fold down seats have been great, we have been able to get a new leather furniture set in the SUV, and only had to tie down the gate for the long couch. Only complaint is that there do seem to be some minor problems. Our gas tank had a leak, the rear AC stopped working this summer, and the battery would completely drain in the winter when the truck was not started for a few days. If Chevy could work out these little problems, the truck would be a dream!

Favorite Features

3rd row seats are comfortable for adults. Excellent capacity in the interior. All the power outlets in various areas of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Make vehicle more reliable. We've had to go to the dealership for repairs several times in the first year as noted above for the gas tank, battery, and the rear AC.

Could be a awesome truck
By bmoney

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TB for almost 2 years now. I like the idea of Bose stereo, but the side speaker panels rattle when the base hits from the speakers. Chevy shouldn't put bose systems in vehicles if they can't make it not rattle. Also, i realize this is an SUV and i shouldn't be cornering fast but the seats have no side bolstering to hold you in place. Are these only designed for fat people? Sometimes the AC wouldn't work. Sunroof motor wouldn't work on hot days and sunroof got stuck in open position. If they make better seats, tighten up the suspension and design the door panels to handle the Bose system, this could be an awesome truck.

Favorite Features

auto climate control, 6 disc cd changer, bose(if they could only make the door panels tighter)

Suggested Improvements

make the door panels tighter so that the bose system doesn't sound like crap. It's not the speakers, it the cheap door panels. More side bolstering on the seats to hold you in place around corners. Better MPG.

Poor Quality Chevrolet
By Would not recommend

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In the shop at least monthly. The battery was randomly going dead. (bad cell). Power windows have had to be repaired. Rear brake lights module has gone out twice. Four-wheel drive module went out (4-wheel drive would not work). Power lumbar support motor went out. Wipers quit working. Trailer light plug quit working. Consistent rattle in the engine compartment on exceleration since purchase (shop cant find). Now there is a VERY loud high pitch sound coming from the motor. We would like to trade it in but the resale is so poor. After purchasing it one year ago for over $30,000, the trade in value is barely $20,000.

Suggested Improvements

A vehicle in this price range should not be in the shop once during the first 100,000 miles for anything other than an oil change.

LTZ TrailBlazer review
By Jon B Meier

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new. I have owned this vehicle for two years. Overall,I have been extremely happy with it. The handling is a little sloppy and the gas mileage is average. I've had no problems with it.

Favorite Features

engine performance, exterior design,Bose sound system, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

dash should be updated, handling should be tightened-up, wind noise could be improved, improve gas mileage

Love My Trailblazer!
By Kakki

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Luv It! Great so far! Luv the smooth ride & quiet engine (except when cold). Have had 3 weeks - Bought as used vehicle - got a good deal! First tank poor mileage - 11 mpg which depressed me, but noticed all tires were low (24 lbs) - After proper inflation (32 lbs) 14 mpg/city, 21.5 hwy. (Check your tires) Didn't have use for 4W, but glad I have it -Need place to use 4W once a month to keep seals from drying, I'm told!

Favorite Features

Very smooth ride, powerful engine, beautiful appearance, sets up high, stereo functions and sound.

Suggested Improvements

Clips to adjust driver seatbelt placement (rubs my neck). More comfortable steering wheel. Cassette and CD - Standard. More storage up front.