Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

GUESS WE'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S DUMPING GM / CHEVY
By dyer33704

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents have been GM/Chevy people ever since I can remember. I think their first was a 1962 Impala Station Wagon. Anyway, I was with them when they purchased their Trailblazer. What [non-permissible content removed]! All the same issues as everyone else has been stating. Stalling at lights & pulling into and out of the driveway and intermittent rough idle and high rapid idle for no reason at at 32,000 miles. 40,000 miles brought about incorrect inside/outside temperature readings & inability use climate control which was supposedly unrepairable. Seatbelts that don't release & just keep getting tighter and tighter ever since purchase and they can't seem to repair it or didn't want to.

NONE!!!!!!

RECALL RECALL RECALL Best improvement would be to BUY A FORD EDGE!

Best Car i've ever had
By miwemiwe

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TB in 2004 and it had 80k miles, was a rebuilt and now in 2012 it has 160k miles. Awesome car, barely brakes down other than ussual battery and tire replacelement. The only thing i notices that's begining to break down is the window power but to do date it's been awesome car with fog lights still working.

Power, Roomy, Nice boss sound

Better steering Radio chips easily

Just like me, love it or hate it
By slick81

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TB, i bought it n 04. I now have over 230,000 miles on her. Over the last 3 yrs I have put 2 transissions in her , fuel pump, 2 alt., a starter, new battery, several sets of tires. I have put alot of money into her, however she now acts like she is going to cut off when i stop or take off. the rpm's either rev up to 2000+ or they drop down to like 400-. I have had the throttle body cleaned and a tune up, but she is still acting up. however, even w/ all of the problems ive had, i still cant seem to trade her in yet. I always say, ill rock her till her wheels fall off, however, im pretty sure they fell off and i just put new ones back on

I love how roomy it is. It is only my dgt and myself, however we travel alot. My dgt is always comfortable. The seatbelts cut your neck or armpit, but i guess they all do. i have lost alot of bottons everywhere randomly. honestly, after 10yrs, and all my travel, she is wearing down and fallin apart quick. But in all these yrs she has never left me stranded on the road. maybe the driveway however....

If anyone knows why my rpm's r acting crazy and can help me get it fixed, please let me know.

Last Chevy I Will Buy
By lostjedi71

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 1 year old with 27 K. Have had nothing but problems. 4 recalls. $1800 spent replacing computer modules at 90K. Very uncomfortable ride. Fit and finish are poor with huge,uneven gaps. Heavy body sway. Feels like a boat but less safe. The large space has come in handy a few times. I wish I could afford another vehicle.

Interior space.

Improve fit and finish. Make seating comfortable. Improve reliability.

Unhappy
By joey

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought the c truck it was good ride after a couple of month I started hearing air zipping in from outside and I took it in and they told me that that was the outside mirror design but I did not swallow that, then a couple of recalls came in and I learn to live with it. After I finish it paying off the car about a year later the problems began and after a ton of trips to the dealer and about $ 7000.00 dollar I regret the day I purchase that vehicle, from transmission to coils, spark plugs sensor etc, etc is been change on that vehicle and steal have problems. So I will never again by a Chevrolet vehicle in my life. I'm a very unhappy car owner.

Will never buy another Chevrolet or general motor in my life.