2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
GUESS WE'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S DUMPING GM / CHEVY
By dyer33704 on 11/12/13 07:26 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents have been GM/Chevy people ever since I can remember. I think their first was a 1962 Impala Station Wagon. Anyway, I was with them when they purchased their Trailblazer. What [non-permissible content removed]! All the same issues as everyone else has been stating. Stalling at lights & pulling into and out of the driveway and intermittent rough idle and high rapid idle for no reason at at 32,000 miles. 40,000 miles brought about incorrect inside/outside temperature readings & inability use climate control which was supposedly unrepairable. Seatbelts that don't release & just keep getting tighter and tighter ever since purchase and they can't seem to repair it or didn't want to.

Best Car i've ever had
By miwemiwe on 10/19/12 13:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TB in 2004 and it had 80k miles, was a rebuilt and now in 2012 it has 160k miles. Awesome car, barely brakes down other than ussual battery and tire replacelement. The only thing i notices that's begining to break down is the window power but to do date it's been awesome car with fog lights still working.

Just like me, love it or hate it
By slick81 on 07/01/12 05:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TB, i bought it n 04. I now have over 230,000 miles on her. Over the last 3 yrs I have put 2 transissions in her , fuel pump, 2 alt., a starter, new battery, several sets of tires. I have put alot of money into her, however she now acts like she is going to cut off when i stop or take off. the rpm's either rev up to 2000+ or they drop down to like 400-. I have had the throttle body cleaned and a tune up, but she is still acting up. however, even w/ all of the problems ive had, i still cant seem to trade her in yet. I always say, ill rock her till her wheels fall off, however, im pretty sure they fell off and i just put new ones back on

Last Chevy I Will Buy
By lostjedi71 on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 1 year old with 27 K. Have had nothing but problems. 4 recalls. $1800 spent replacing computer modules at 90K. Very uncomfortable ride. Fit and finish are poor with huge,uneven gaps. Heavy body sway. Feels like a boat but less safe. The large space has come in handy a few times. I wish I could afford another vehicle.

Unhappy
By joey on 06/14/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought the c truck it was good ride after a couple of month I started hearing air zipping in from outside and I took it in and they told me that that was the outside mirror design but I did not swallow that, then a couple of recalls came in and I learn to live with it. After I finish it paying off the car about a year later the problems began and after a ton of trips to the dealer and about $ 7000.00 dollar I regret the day I purchase that vehicle, from transmission to coils, spark plugs sensor etc, etc is been change on that vehicle and steal have problems. So I will never again by a Chevrolet vehicle in my life. I'm a very unhappy car owner.

Awesome!!!
By Mitchell on 12/13/09 15:41 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle in October of 2006, and I love it. This is my first SUV. Was looking at a Ford Explorer and other SUVs, but no other stacked up against the Trailblazer. We have had no major problems with it. No major check-ups. Drives great and looks great. A lot of room inside for the family. Runs smoothly and has a lot of power. Very reliable and I would highly recommend the Trailblazer to anyone who would ask!

Great SUV
By master mechanic on 07/31/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I now have 127,000 miles on my Trailblazer and still love it. I has been great. I have had it off road many times and have at times been quite rough on it, but I do all the regular maintenance when it is supposed to be done. It still goes down the highway very nicely and I can get 21.5 mpg, not bad for a fairly big truck. I will never go back to a honda or toyota, they were junk. I have been spoiled by my Trailblazer. I plan to keep it for a long time to come.

Still Going
By refpro on 06/05/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have 142k on this SUV. I have not had to replace the tranny or engine. My goal is to get 200k on this vehicle. Little things have gone on this vehicle, lights on the dash have gone out. Some on the radio, gauges, etc. But owning this vehicle over 6 years, I think that's pretty good. I am a believer of preventive maintance, and I think that has helped in keeping my vehicle running. All fluids are changed reguarly, and the brake fluid,and front and rear diff has been changed. My mechanic recommended to change the radiator to extend the life of the tranny. Did that around 120k, so far so good. The suspension needed to be changed around 100k. But have not done that yet. And I proabably won't

I like mine!
By jwells1988 on 05/27/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer just a few months back. So far I must say I have rather enjoyed it. It's good looking. Gets me from A to B comfortably. Fuel economy, not so great, but hey it's a 4.2L. Gets me moving! I would have no problems recomending this car to anyone.

Put it through hell
By Big D on 05/09/08 22:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had very little problems with my TrailBlazer. I do a lot of towing, 3500lb. boat and 5000lb. travel trailer. I take it out to the woods all the time. Have recently had to replace the water pump. Still using the original brakes and only on my third set of tires. Not having any of the problems with stereo and so forth that other reviewers are discussing. I put my Trailblazer thru hell and have loved every minute of it.