Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

best i ever had .
By Victorvall

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

this was bought in 2002 and driven until a horrendous car accident in 2010 no one was hurt due to the safety of this car but it was totaled , i guess the tree wasnt to forgiving neither was the rain , best car ever though on the lookout for another one .

Favorite Features

power everything , power of the engine , looks

Suggested Improvements

less mushy brakes

`02 Trailblazer
By dixonfam

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle for the design and ride. Lots of room, heavy towing capacity, lots of cargo room. The ride is smooth. The sound system is not the best in the world, but hey, it beats riding in silence!

Favorite Features

The interior room and space to haul and leg room

Suggested Improvements

I HATE THE GAS MILEAGE!! I was so used to my Malibu getting 25-26, and now this one only gets 15 city, 19 hwy. It takes some getting used to having a drop in fuel economy. But it is a big motor!

'02 Chevrolet Trail Blazer
By Danno

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

From the beginning until present, this vehicle has been super. I have had no problems with it to this date. Outside of regular service, the only expense has been new tires at 45,000 miles and a new battery at 35,000. Ride has been like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room. Excellent on trips over 50 miles. Acceleration when you need it is there. Today with gas near $4 I wish it had better mileage but it more than makes up for it with its spacious interior, ride, and visibility.

Favorite Features

Exterior style. Comfortable seats. Visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but that is a dream.

I love it!
By Rick

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I knocked out the factory muffler and replaced it with a Dynomax and eliminated the rear resonator. I also replace air filter with a K&N. My truck has the feel of a sports car and the fuel economy of a smaller truck. I average 19.5 MPG and it has 85K miles on it. The only items replaced on it have been the O2 sensor, serpentine belt, four tires and headlight relay. I have maintained it according to OEM requirements. I considered many SUV's before purchasing this truck and comparing others I still can't find a better truck for the money after 5 years. I still have the original brakes!

Favorite Features

The engine power and reliability, interior comfort and overall cargo capacity.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belts on front seats should have been placed on column not seat.

Okay for the Money
By Not Again

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first Chevy I have owned and for the first few months it was great. I had to take it in for several recalls (3x) and about 6 times for rear brake lights. I have spent about $2000 in repairs for misc items. The CD player is now having problems switching between radio and cd player on its own. Now the computer is going out. I guess for the money it is okay, but would suggest only keeping it for a few years and then trading it in for something else.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, lots of room, good interior for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine performance, brake lights need to be fixed, paint is poor quality, too many problems and visits to the shop. Needs to be more reliable.