2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
GUESS WE'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S DUMPING GM / CHEVY
By dyer33704 on 11/12/13 07:26 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents have been GM/Chevy people ever since I can remember. I think their first was a 1962 Impala Station Wagon. Anyway, I was with them when they purchased their Trailblazer. What [non-permissible content removed]! All the same issues as everyone else has been stating. Stalling at lights & pulling into and out of the driveway and intermittent rough idle and high rapid idle for no reason at at 32,000 miles. 40,000 miles brought about incorrect inside/outside temperature readings & inability use climate control which was supposedly unrepairable. Seatbelts that don't release & just keep getting tighter and tighter ever since purchase and they can't seem to repair it or didn't want to.

Best SUV I've ever owned!!!
By metalbourne on 12/09/12 19:08 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had around 28 cars and suv's and this one is my favorite (the only one that comes close was my 2002 Tahoe LT). I purchased my TB with 72,000 miles on it 3 years ago and now have 115,000 on it and have only done normal things (tune up, tires, brakes, fluids, belts, lights). The only major thing that I had to do was the flex plate on the transmission was cracked. My TB is used every day for work and I do a lot of city driving and it turns better then most sub-compact cars do and can fit in most if not all parking garages in Philly, New York, Washington DC, and so on. The ride is great, the truck is easy to work on and tows my pop up with ease couldn't be happier with this pack-mule.

Still Love It!
By kakki007 on 11/04/12 18:45 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in late 2002 as used vehicle with low miles. Now have 111,600 miles, and no major problems other than fan clutch which was covered by warranty. Just replaced compressor at $1040 after it froze up. Replaced battery twice, tires once, and tail light twice. Use the 4WD when it rains, and feel much more secure. Really love the smooth ride, radio and power. Only complaint is mileage 12.5 city/20 mpg highway which is good for vehicle this size/about 18 mpg when using 4WD on highway. Would recommend to anyone.

Best Car i've ever had
By miwemiwe on 10/19/12 13:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TB in 2004 and it had 80k miles, was a rebuilt and now in 2012 it has 160k miles. Awesome car, barely brakes down other than ussual battery and tire replacelement. The only thing i notices that's begining to break down is the window power but to do date it's been awesome car with fog lights still working.

Just like me, love it or hate it
By slick81 on 07/01/12 05:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TB, i bought it n 04. I now have over 230,000 miles on her. Over the last 3 yrs I have put 2 transissions in her , fuel pump, 2 alt., a starter, new battery, several sets of tires. I have put alot of money into her, however she now acts like she is going to cut off when i stop or take off. the rpm's either rev up to 2000+ or they drop down to like 400-. I have had the throttle body cleaned and a tune up, but she is still acting up. however, even w/ all of the problems ive had, i still cant seem to trade her in yet. I always say, ill rock her till her wheels fall off, however, im pretty sure they fell off and i just put new ones back on

GREAT VEHICLE
By yamahaguy05 on 01/29/12 13:54 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle Ive ever owned

It did it's job - and I'm okay
By mbs2 on 06/12/11 12:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm just sick over the fact that I wrecked my '02 Trailblazer a week and a half ago. I LOVED that car. In fact, most comments I got from people, after making sure that I was okay, were to express their sympathy over me losing my car - everyone knew how much I loved that thing. As a real estate broker specializing in mountain properties, I used my TB for all it was worth. At 159,000 miles, it ran perfectly, looked nearly perfect, nobody could tell it was as old as it was. I bought it in '04 with 42k miles on it, and only repair was a 4WD switch computer chip. While I was spinning out in the rain on the freeway about to hit a tree, I was calm because I knew it would keep me safe, and it did.

Luvineveryminuteofit
By seaman11 on 01/06/11 10:15 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

iI pre-ordered a fully-loaded LTZ before they came out. The only thing I didn't like were the seats (not a lot of lateral support and lumbar support adjustment was minimal). I later read reviews from people plagues with problems, including the engine. I waited for mine to fall apart and it never did. The engine got noisier but didn't fall apart. After ten years and 110,000 miles, it still runs strong with absolutely no problems! Tires and brakes lasted until 90,000 miles! My C5 Corvette and C-Class Mercedes can't even come close to the reliability that the Trailblazer has. I guess I didn't get the lemon ... I'm keeping it until it until it dies.pric

Last Chevy I Will Buy
By lostjedi71 on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 1 year old with 27 K. Have had nothing but problems. 4 recalls. $1800 spent replacing computer modules at 90K. Very uncomfortable ride. Fit and finish are poor with huge,uneven gaps. Heavy body sway. Feels like a boat but less safe. The large space has come in handy a few times. I wish I could afford another vehicle.

Unhappy
By joey on 06/14/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought the c truck it was good ride after a couple of month I started hearing air zipping in from outside and I took it in and they told me that that was the outside mirror design but I did not swallow that, then a couple of recalls came in and I learn to live with it. After I finish it paying off the car about a year later the problems began and after a ton of trips to the dealer and about $ 7000.00 dollar I regret the day I purchase that vehicle, from transmission to coils, spark plugs sensor etc, etc is been change on that vehicle and steal have problems. So I will never again by a Chevrolet vehicle in my life. I'm a very unhappy car owner.