2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
So Good I Purchased one for my wife!
By John Horton on 06/05/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with the ride looks and durability of the car. The only problems I have had have been the tail lights which GM did fix and I never had a problem again with either vechicle. I purchsed a second one for my wife and we both have been pleased with the performance of the car.

I couldn't afford it.
By Rhonda W on 06/28/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car. It had enough room for my family of 5 plus a little more. In December 2002, the transmission went out for the first of three times. It was under warranty the first time, but not the other two times. The rear air conditioner had problems as well. On two different occasions it had to be repaired. After the third transmission failure in August 2005, I fixed it and traded it. I miss the car, but I had spent over $4,000 in repair and maintenance costs in the 15 mos following the expiration of my warranty. I just couldn't afford it anymore.

Love my Trailblazer
By trailblazing babe on 04/11/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my TB for 2 weeks and I am very happy with all of it. The smooth ride, interior, sound, exterior is exceptional.

No Good Chevy!
By No Good Chevy on 04/05/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this SUV since new. Will never own another Chevy. Build quality is lacking. Gas mileage is horrendous. Getting 14.5 mpg according to onboard computer. Bought the top of the line with all the extras for $36000, now trade in is only about $17500! why did this loose value so quickly? Does Chevrolet know what junk they are selling? Have replaced the wiper motor twice due to recall, replaced taillights twice under warranty, and now need to replace again. Electric mirrors were replaced under warranty, now they need to be repaired again. Great Bose Stereo, but Chevy didn't build that. Reccomend Ford or foreign made vehicle next time. Very uncomfortable leather seats for front passangers.

Not that great
By Scott on 03/26/05 14:13 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I love the look and feel of our Trailblazer but the reliability is what brings us down. Transmission went out at 25,000 miles and dealership kept car for 3 weeks to fix it. ENORMOUS amount of AC problems over the last 1 1/2 years. Dealership can sometimes "duplicate" problem and they just keep replacing parts but nothing on the AC gets fixed. Also, the clock will sometimes change to a totally different time by itself (jump ahead a few hours and minutes). One time, the complete dashboard electrical system just went out (all the displays and the speedomoter). I got it to come back on after I turned the engine off and on again. Car sometimes has trouble starting too.

Good by chevy
By tso on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride, good size, good styling, roomy 3rd row that can fit adults. Many AC problems over two years. VERY disappointed over residual value. A $37000 car is now worth $12000 after two years on a trade. Chevy has lost a customer forever.

TrailBlazer disappoints
By unclebug on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This inline six should get much better gas mileage. With all city driving I am lucky to get 12 mpg. Very disapointing!

2002 chevrolet trailblazer ext
By randy raspotnik on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

trailblazer is by far the best suv that i have ever owned or driven. it is very stylish inside and out. the style of the vehicle had a very large part in my wifes decision of the vechicle, my decision was based on ride, performance ( our salesman gave us the keys and said drive I'm here for the questions only. so we took it on a 20 mile test drive.) comfort of not just the drivers seat but all three rows of seats, ease of servicing, and style. we still get great compliments on the trailblazer. whenever we go any place with friends or family they want to go in our trailblazer. we bought the trailblazer loaded.

rating the ext
By tone1 on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

rearend went out @ 7000 miles. brake lights went out 3 times.service bulletin was issued for this ,and the front suspension feels loose and rattles. other than that its a nice vehicle.

our first suv
By blazen away on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We've this Trailblazer EXT for two months and we love it! We recently took it on a 900 mile vacation. We averaged 20 mph on the highway at 80 mph with five people, a/c running and a full load. It went up and down hills with minimal effort. The wind noise up front wasn't as bad as we had heard, although still noticeable. We made the switch to the Trailbalzer from a 2001 Venture. We thought the suv wouldn't be able to rival the convienence of the van. We were wrong. We'll never have a van again.