Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

JUNK BUYER BEWARE
By Senecio

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

To sum it up I have been trying to give it back since 3 days after I bought it. In one year no exaggeration it has been in the shop at least 50 times. Four times LAST week with another appointment set up for next week. This vehicle is poorly made, maintained, assembled and all around junk.

Favorite Features

Don't laugh, it has a great heater and the horn works, thats the only good qualities about it.

Suggested Improvements

Junk the whole line and fire the designers/techs/and anyone else who thought of this horrible vehicle.

Really Disappointed
By Not Happy

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

MPG= 15 regardless of city/highway. This vehicle has spent more time in the dealers shop than my garage. Trans, rear defr, a/c, engine bearing, brakes have all been serviced, some of them twice. I'm not hard to please, but this is the worst vehicle i've ever owned from a maintenance standpoint. (and they keep trying to upsell me some $500 maintenance package everytime i go to the dealer). I never had these issues with the Tahoe I owned prior to this.

Favorite Features

XM radio, rear door access

Suggested Improvements

How about some back seat leg room and mechanical integrity.

Good News & Bad News
By Pch1972

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good News: Has lot of power, and it's comfortable for 3 kids, and 2 dogs. Bad News: 1 week after purchase, the air bag light kept coming on. Needed a new sensor. Then the OnStar would not work properly. Had to have that fixed. This winter, the molding on the hatch broke, last month, the starter was stuck. Luckily this was all under warranty. Not too happy with my Blazer being in the shop 4 times since the purchase of it 5 months ago.

Favorite Features

The room

Suggested Improvements

Need to have better workmanship on product if you want to have customers come back. 4 times in the shop in the last 5 months is not something that brings loyalty to your product. Fuel economy was rated at 18-22 miles. I have never seen more then 13 in town and 17 highway.

MyRating
By OWENS

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this SUV. It is well equipped and has all the comfort of a BMW. My daughters and grandchildren love it.

Favorite Features

The DVD and Bose sound system. Passenger and driver seat controls. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

None

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
By volshayes

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle that we have ever owned. It is well designed, comfortable, very good appearance, and just plain fun to drive. We have owned this vehicle for approximately 3 months and it has not had any mechanical issues in that period.