2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
Really Disappointed
By Not Happy on 01/15/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

MPG= 15 regardless of city/highway. This vehicle has spent more time in the dealers shop than my garage. Trans, rear defr, a/c, engine bearing, brakes have all been serviced, some of them twice. I'm not hard to please, but this is the worst vehicle i've ever owned from a maintenance standpoint. (and they keep trying to upsell me some $500 maintenance package everytime i go to the dealer). I never had these issues with the Tahoe I owned prior to this.

Good News & Bad News
By Pch1972 on 03/20/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good News: Has lot of power, and it's comfortable for 3 kids, and 2 dogs. Bad News: 1 week after purchase, the air bag light kept coming on. Needed a new sensor. Then the OnStar would not work properly. Had to have that fixed. This winter, the molding on the hatch broke, last month, the starter was stuck. Luckily this was all under warranty. Not too happy with my Blazer being in the shop 4 times since the purchase of it 5 months ago.

MyRating
By OWENS on 01/14/07 06:01 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this SUV. It is well equipped and has all the comfort of a BMW. My daughters and grandchildren love it.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
By volshayes on 12/30/06 18:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle that we have ever owned. It is well designed, comfortable, very good appearance, and just plain fun to drive. We have owned this vehicle for approximately 3 months and it has not had any mechanical issues in that period.

Finally out of the minivan!
By magster70 on 12/19/06 11:50 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, we finally got rid of the van! With three kids and a dog we wanted somethig with 3rd row seating. Wanted a midsize SUV, compared to Explorer with 3rd seat which seemed like a good vehicle but no room behind 3rd seat. The TrailBlazer was cheaper and had tons more room in the back. Very comfortable driving and very roomy. This vehicle has a nice sounding stereo and is nice to look at. So far we are very pleased. I am also 6'4" and plenty of head and leg room, even in back.

Serious accident
By keith carr on 12/11/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had a serious accident. I was hit on driver's side front tire full length of drivers side. $12000 in damage, but the good news is no injuries. No jarring inside. Nobody got a scrape or scratch or even a bruise, This thing totally protected us and there was no damage inside. I would definetly buy another one. They are fixing this one, but it gave us total protection in the accident. You can't beat that, and the damage was all cosmetic. The other car was totalled.

An Enjoyable Fun To Drive Machine
By Pat on 09/27/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I could not beleive the wonderful experience of driving the TrailBlazer LT. I traded in a truck for this SUV, and the experience has been the best. It's easier to drive than a car, and the comfort is very good. My family fits in and no complaints.The chairs, even the very last one at the back, are comfortable, even for long trips. We love it. Thanks GM!

New car had problem
By blackext on 08/07/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At 1000 miles we had car trouble. A few ground wire bolts connected to the engine throttle body sensor were not completely screwed tight. So far, no engine damage, but this says a lot about the poor, careless quality of build. This was not a result of a defective part, but a result of a negligant, careless assembly worker. What kind of standards are set in place for quality assurance at GM? Also needed an alignment from the moment we pulled off the lot.

Should've Bought the Tahoe
By Jim on 06/06/06 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for an SUV that was less than $50,000 and I was looking at the Tahoe and TrailBlazer. I thought I would've got better gas mileage than if I were driving a Tahoe but not true. My wife's '03 Tahoe gets better mileage than my '06 TrailBlazer This car has to go out of my garage and back onto the car lot.

Workhorse - no glamour
By nicholas slater on 04/21/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Guzzles gas (not good right now), no frills, reliable workhorse. I would not buy another one though, as I do not feel it is value for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.