Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Most Helpful|
New car had problem
By blackext

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At 1000 miles we had car trouble. A few ground wire bolts connected to the engine throttle body sensor were not completely screwed tight. So far, no engine damage, but this says a lot about the poor, careless quality of build. This was not a result of a defective part, but a result of a negligant, careless assembly worker. What kind of standards are set in place for quality assurance at GM? Also needed an alignment from the moment we pulled off the lot.

Favorite Features

Has the best ride out of all of the other SUVs on the road. XM, DVD, largest amount of cargo space in EXT version. Smallest SUV you can buy with the largest amount of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the interior to make it sleeker. Improve production quality assurance. Weather stripping around windows looks cheap and needs to be sleeker. 3rd row seats need to fold down flatter.

JUNK BUYER BEWARE
By Senecio

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

To sum it up I have been trying to give it back since 3 days after I bought it. In one year no exaggeration it has been in the shop at least 50 times. Four times LAST week with another appointment set up for next week. This vehicle is poorly made, maintained, assembled and all around junk.

Favorite Features

Don't laugh, it has a great heater and the horn works, thats the only good qualities about it.

Suggested Improvements

Junk the whole line and fire the designers/techs/and anyone else who thought of this horrible vehicle.

NO Wonder People don't buy American
By Stingray197212

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Trailblazer with 40 miles on it. Let's see what went wrong so far. Air Bag sensor went bad at 100 miles. Back hatch broke off because of cold at 7000 miles. Radio stopped working at 16000 miles. Onstar went on the fritz. My Engine light, went on at 20,000 miles. My Fuel light stays on at 40,000 miles. Chevy Emblem fell off at 45,000 miles. Tranny slipped at 50,000 miles. 4 Wheel drive light sensor on all the time at 52,000 miles. What more can I say? DON'T buy Chevy...JUNK. I have owned Chevys all my life...NEVER again.

Favorite Features

NONE

Worst Investment Ever
By missy89

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used 3 years ago with 43,000 miles on it. Since then I've had to nothing but problems: -Needed a new starter -Driver's side window motor -Heater wires melted and needed to be replaced ($300 fix) -Gas sensor does not work ($700 fix) - 2 wheelbearings - New Battery - Throttle body cleaning (felt like the car would die out when idling) - back emblem fell off - New Transmission at 100,000 Only positive- great in the snow

Workhorse - no glamour
By nicholas slater

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Guzzles gas (not good right now), no frills, reliable workhorse. I would not buy another one though, as I do not feel it is value for the price.

Favorite Features

Fold down seating

Suggested Improvements

Better power seat, better gas mileage