Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT SUV Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Great SUV original owner
By Mike

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As long as you maintain the vehicle it will do you well. The vehicle now has 100K miles and had to only replace the front wheel hub assembly and steering hydraulic. Otherwise just routine maintenance . The seats are very comfortable and well padded, quality leather is supple. Compared to many other cars this car is very comfortable, ergonomic shape and has a smooth ride. I agree the interior quality is subpar but you are essentially paying for the engine and transmission quality. Its a good reliable car designed for family with a spacious 3rd row seating. Fuel economy is decent for the size and weight but not exceptional.

Owned for 8 years!!
By Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yes bought this car 8 years ago! Great working vechile till it gets to 60,000 miles! Then everything blows and Chevolet doesn't help. They sent a recall to us 2 years after recall. We have almost rebuilt a whole new car by now. I have so much money put into this tb that I can't lose it now. Sad to say. I blew transmission at 111,000, blew water pump ( it took out a brand new belt and without the right tool being rental you can Not fix the belt) now my transfer case has locked up my two front wheels as I was driving with a child. Almost fished tailed and Chevolet told me to take it to get serviced and wouldn't help! Go luck to anyone who buys these trailblazer ( do your research as I have today and you wouldn't touch one with a 100 feet pole)!

Worst Investment Ever
By missy89

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used 3 years ago with 43,000 miles on it. Since then I've had to nothing but problems:
-Needed a new starter
-Driver's side window motor
-Heater wires melted and needed to be replaced ($300 fix)
-Gas sensor does not work ($700 fix)
- 2 wheelbearings
- New Battery
- Throttle body cleaning (felt like the car would die out when idling)
- back emblem fell off
- New Transmission at 100,000

Only positive- great in the snow

Drove It Through 15 States
By David Duffer

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just got back May 23rd after leaving on the 14th of May to Memphis TN,and out west to Arizonia to the Grand Canyon, and over to Nevada to Las Vegas,Hoover Dam, then to Wyoming to Yellow Stone National Park,before heading back to Bowling Green KY.... While pulling a 2,000 lbs of a Pop-up Camper. I only got 16 miles to the gallon while towing camper trailer... But can honestly say that mechanically,driving,and the ride was excellent,didn't have any problems drove 4,995 miles including the trip back to Bowling Green KY... And I will add that we didn't let any grass grow at speed at 70-73 miles an hour even when we went through light rain showers.. It went right through the wet roads just fine..

Handling,ride,and fun to drive....

Improve Gas mileage,make Bose radio with 6 CD changer not to skip when you hit bump of any size.. Add Lumbar Support to Passenger side not just driver side... Also for better seeing in all weather conditions add Fog/Driving Lights to all TrailBlazers EXT not just few,replace Doors Weather Stripping

Pass on this one
By Nicole T

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Trailblazer for a year and am sorry I purchased it. It has front and rear a/c,however it takes so long to get cool. I have to drive several blocks for it to stop blowing hot air and get cool. My power windows have gone out twice and the moulding on the inside of the windows is loose. Not to mention the gas mileage is poor. The best thing about the car is the room. The third seat is wonderful, but somewhat difficult to get into.

Third seat option, nice and roomy

a/c needs improvement. better fuel economy. better quality material for the interior.