2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
LOVE IT
By d0llyd0lph1n

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle - plenty of room for our family of 6. Other than routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires) our only service issue has been replacing battery and front wheel bearings at 6 year mark. No complaints here :) This has been a very versitile and reliable vehicle for us.

Favorite Features

Handles great, plenty of room with 3rd row of seats, 2nd & 3rd row of seats all fold down, towing capacity, 2WD/Auto/4WD option, GREAT in the snow, ON-Star, and high American part content/assebled in USA.

Suggested Improvements

Hear the Trailblazer is making a comeback in 2013/2014 overseas - would really like to see it in the US market.

Wouldn't buy another one.
By ajbrumbaugh

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2006 Trailblazer approximately 3 years ago, so the vehicle would have been 3 years old. Since that time we have had to replace the switch for the windows because they quit working. Now the motor acts like it will give out anytime. The heater fan at a cost of $400, the fuel gauge quit, which is quite the production because they have to drop the whole fuel tank. Chevrolet does have a recall since they have had this problem often so they will reimburse you for half. My check engine light comes on every so often along with the "skid" light. When they decide to they don't go off for awhile. Now it is rusting on the doors.

Favorite Features

I do like the way it handles in the snow. Also I have sat in the very back and they actually designed that part very nicely and it wasn't even cramped. I road back there for 2 hours besides.

Worst Investment Ever
By missy89

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used 3 years ago with 43,000 miles on it. Since then I've had to nothing but problems: -Needed a new starter -Driver's side window motor -Heater wires melted and needed to be replaced ($300 fix) -Gas sensor does not work ($700 fix) - 2 wheelbearings - New Battery - Throttle body cleaning (felt like the car would die out when idling) - back emblem fell off - New Transmission at 100,000 Only positive- great in the snow

Problems
By None

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Trailblazer EXT with 20,000 miles. A week after I bought it the emissions light came on. I have had it to the garage 6 times and every time I get it the light is off. After driving it about a week the emissions light comes back on. They have replaced sensors and fuel valves. The vehicle has been to a General Motors dealer but they have not fixed the problem. The fuel gauge drops to empty when there is a quarter tank of gas. When I start the engine the gas gauge goes to where it is suppose to be and then after driving a little distance it again drops to empty and the low full light gauge comes on. Any idea how to fix the problem.

Favorite Features

DVD,Great Stereo

Why did you stop making them?
By 4th Gen Chevy

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Trailblazer used from the dealer. Have been back and forth a good few times to the beach, and such and running errands. Biggest problems thus far were with tires (cheap foreign knock offs, one blew out on me and the belt wasn't even steel, it was fabric!) and a pulley bearing for the serpentine belt. I would say to Chevy Blazer/Trailblazer concept is sound, however get your parts somewhere else because it does not take an engineer to figure out that plastic will NOT last 100,000+ miles. Other than that, powertrain and drivetrain have been good overall. Has Bose radio and RSE system in back, AC is Ice cold. Snow driving has been fun, and has held the road even in drifts.

Favorite Features

Thus far SUV has been turn key, has only needed routine work done thus far minus the pulley bearing and the tires at time of inspection. Chevy should not be discouraged and continue to give Explorer a run for their money.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of replacement or production parts, need to be made of metal instead of plastic, new tire vendor (steel belts instead of reinforced fabric) consider mimicking "Blazers" old drivetrain specs. Many 1990's blazers are still on the road in excess of 150,000 miles (how is that for reliability)

Worst Vehicle Ever
By disappointedcustomer

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The first year of ownership was great...after that it went totally downhill! It has been in the shop more than all of my previous vehicles combined. Air bag problem, emblem fell off, rear wiper went bad, bumper warped and was replaced, steering problem that can't seem to be fixed, fuel tank replaced, three of the doors have had panels replaced (a couple more than twice) and I'm sure to suffer from more. Glad I bought an extended warranty since I have used it twice already. Can't get rid of it since the value isn't worth anything.

Favorite Features

Love the three rows of seating and flexibility of storage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix all of the mechanical issues and it would be great!

NO Wonder People don't buy American
By Stingray197212

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Trailblazer with 40 miles on it. Let's see what went wrong so far. Air Bag sensor went bad at 100 miles. Back hatch broke off because of cold at 7000 miles. Radio stopped working at 16000 miles. Onstar went on the fritz. My Engine light, went on at 20,000 miles. My Fuel light stays on at 40,000 miles. Chevy Emblem fell off at 45,000 miles. Tranny slipped at 50,000 miles. 4 Wheel drive light sensor on all the time at 52,000 miles. What more can I say? DON'T buy Chevy...JUNK. I have owned Chevys all my life...NEVER again.

Favorite Features

NONE

Drove It Through 15 States
By David Duffer

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just got back May 23rd after leaving on the 14th of May to Memphis TN,and out west to Arizonia to the Grand Canyon, and over to Nevada to Las Vegas,Hoover Dam, then to Wyoming to Yellow Stone National Park,before heading back to Bowling Green KY.... While pulling a 2,000 lbs of a Pop-up Camper. I only got 16 miles to the gallon while towing camper trailer... But can honestly say that mechanically,driving,and the ride was excellent,didn't have any problems drove 4,995 miles including the trip back to Bowling Green KY... And I will add that we didn't let any grass grow at speed at 70-73 miles an hour even when we went through light rain showers.. It went right through the wet roads just fine..

Favorite Features

Handling,ride,and fun to drive....

Suggested Improvements

Improve Gas mileage,make Bose radio with 6 CD changer not to skip when you hit bump of any size.. Add Lumbar Support to Passenger side not just driver side... Also for better seeing in all weather conditions add Fog/Driving Lights to all TrailBlazers EXT not just few,replace Doors Weather Stripping

Trail Blazin
By Happy Texan

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Definitely more bang for the buck. Very functional in design and the most comfortable 3'rd row seat ever. This SUV will turn on a dime. Any family should feel safe riding in this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Room, Ride, Comfort, Stereo, Steering

Suggested Improvements

Could be better on gas mileage, but most SUV's are not that great on gas mileage anyway. We drive them for safety and functionality.

JUNK BUYER BEWARE
By Senecio

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

To sum it up I have been trying to give it back since 3 days after I bought it. In one year no exaggeration it has been in the shop at least 50 times. Four times LAST week with another appointment set up for next week. This vehicle is poorly made, maintained, assembled and all around junk.

Favorite Features

Don't laugh, it has a great heater and the horn works, thats the only good qualities about it.

Suggested Improvements

Junk the whole line and fire the designers/techs/and anyone else who thought of this horrible vehicle.