Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

great truck
By xprophet

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I felt i needed to post a review. I hear to much about about the trailblazers. Ive owned hondas, dodge, Toyota. And i have to say ive had more problems with those then i ever did with any GM product. the trailblazer is top notch. They have plenty of power. lots of room. and very reliable. my trailblazer has never left me on the side of the road. mine has 180k on it now. bought it at 57k miles. nothing to do but the normal maintenance. The 4x4 does great. handles corners extremely well, despite what Edmunds claims. If you are think of getting one then do so!

Strong engine 3RD row room. quite ride at any speed reliability

better interior, maybe less cheap platic The MPG should be better for the size

LOVE IT
By d0llyd0lph1n

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle - plenty of room for our family of 6. Other than routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires) our only service issue has been replacing battery and front wheel bearings at 6 year mark. No complaints here :) This has been a very versitile and reliable vehicle for us.

Handles great, plenty of room with 3rd row of seats, 2nd & 3rd row of seats all fold down, towing capacity, 2WD/Auto/4WD option, GREAT in the snow, ON-Star, and high American part content/assebled in USA.

Hear the Trailblazer is making a comeback in 2013/2014 overseas - would really like to see it in the US market.

Wouldn't buy another one.
By ajbrumbaugh

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2006 Trailblazer approximately 3 years ago, so the vehicle would have been 3 years old. Since that time we have had to replace the switch for the windows because they quit working. Now the motor acts like it will give out anytime. The heater fan at a cost of $400, the fuel gauge quit, which is quite the production because they have to drop the whole fuel tank. Chevrolet does have a recall since they have had this problem often so they will reimburse you for half. My check engine light comes on every so often along with the "skid" light. When they decide to they don't go off for awhile. Now it is rusting on the doors.

I do like the way it handles in the snow. Also I have sat in the very back and they actually designed that part very nicely and it wasn't even cramped. I road back there for 2 hours besides.

Worst Investment Ever
By missy89

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used 3 years ago with 43,000 miles on it. Since then I've had to nothing but problems: -Needed a new starter -Driver's side window motor -Heater wires melted and needed to be replaced ($300 fix) -Gas sensor does not work ($700 fix) - 2 wheelbearings - New Battery - Throttle body cleaning (felt like the car would die out when idling) - back emblem fell off - New Transmission at 100,000 Only positive- great in the snow

Problems
By None

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Trailblazer EXT with 20,000 miles. A week after I bought it the emissions light came on. I have had it to the garage 6 times and every time I get it the light is off. After driving it about a week the emissions light comes back on. They have replaced sensors and fuel valves. The vehicle has been to a General Motors dealer but they have not fixed the problem. The fuel gauge drops to empty when there is a quarter tank of gas. When I start the engine the gas gauge goes to where it is suppose to be and then after driving a little distance it again drops to empty and the low full light gauge comes on. Any idea how to fix the problem.

DVD,Great Stereo