Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Trailblazer is great
By Corey Cornick

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SUV! That's all I can say. It has come through for me. I have hauled everything from 60 bags of mulch to a basketball hoop on the roof. The EXT is a very versatile vehicle. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I park the Lexus in the garage and take the Trailblazer out on the town. This is a very wise choice of a vehicle. My next SUV will be the Trailblazer SS!

Space! The cabin on this thing is huge! For the price I just could't beat it.

While the 6cyl is powerful, it sometimes seems a little over worked. but with 12k miles between oil changes it must not be too overworked.

I Love My Baby!
By Jenny

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the sporty look, comfort, size, stability, and all the added features. I bought just about every feature offered and couldn't be more happy. The only down side so far is the low fuel mileage, it's rated at 18mpg HW according to the sticker and I'm only getting 13. I don't pass too many gas stations. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don't get a compliment on it. I love the safety features also, one of my favorites is the built in cell phone. Too many drivers on the road are preoccupied with their cells that they just don't pay enough attention. I would definitely recommend the Trailblazer to anyone interested in purchasing an SUV.

Driver Information Center, Heated & Power Leather Seats, Adjustable Pedals, Rainsense Wipers, Onstar, XM Sat. Radio, Cell Phone, 3rd Row, Just about everything.

Definitely better gas mileage, and I'm not all that happy with the seatbelts, I am a woman, 5'2" tall and the belt actually lays across my neck, I've had to slam on my brakes and the belt left a bruise on my neck for a week. That is a serious Must Have Improvement!!!

Hawaiian Trailblazer
By paurdy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It does feel a little rocky around corners. The fuel economy is average for a vehicle of this size I suppose. Other than that, I love my Trailblazer.

Steering wheel controls. Interior seating. Bose stereo system.

Better stability in cornering.

Excellent Vehicle
By Mick

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle in March 05 for my wife and have made 6, 15 hour, 800 mile drives to Oregon and back to Calif. We have found it to be a confortable car to drive, handles very well, fuel economy is not bad for a 4WD. The seats are very confortable. Even when we had 5 people in the car for an extended drive. The Trailblazer had plenty of power to take us over the mountains. Controls are user friendly. The only poor design I found is when using the heater, it overheats the CD stereo system, the CD's become very hot, not good for the disks. The second is make sure your auto windshield wiper system is off, when going thru a car wash. Rear wiper replacement parts were 27.00.

I found the best feature is confort, 2nd, plenty of power at 19 MPG with a 4x4. Great interior and exterior styling. Very Woman friendly, my wife loves driving her Trailblazer, has plenty of room for shopping trips with her friends.

Address the stereo CD overheating problem using the heater, eliminate the auto wiper system

Nice to look at
By angela

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed in this SUV, Chevrolet put cheap paint on that scratches very easily (same with my Impala). I had a Hyundai for 7 years that never scratched like these cars. I have had several minor electrically issues within 6 months of owning the SUV. The drivers seat is very uncomfortable for long trips, which is why I bought a larger vehicle. For a company that is hurting you think they would offer a better warranty on their cars. Do not buy a car that their own maker can't stand behind.

The only thing I am truly impressed with was the interior room, the third row is very spacious, there is a lot of leg room for adults!

Offer a warranty for up to 75,000 miles, put better quality paint on the cars, make the seats more comfortable

• SUV