Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer-ext - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

I Love My Baby!
By Jenny

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the sporty look, comfort, size, stability, and all the added features. I bought just about every feature offered and couldn't be more happy. The only down side so far is the low fuel mileage, it's rated at 18mpg HW according to the sticker and I'm only getting 13. I don't pass too many gas stations. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don't get a compliment on it. I love the safety features also, one of my favorites is the built in cell phone. Too many drivers on the road are preoccupied with their cells that they just don't pay enough attention. I would definitely recommend the Trailblazer to anyone interested in purchasing an SUV.

Favorite Features

Driver Information Center, Heated & Power Leather Seats, Adjustable Pedals, Rainsense Wipers, Onstar, XM Sat. Radio, Cell Phone, 3rd Row, Just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely better gas mileage, and I'm not all that happy with the seatbelts, I am a woman, 5'2" tall and the belt actually lays across my neck, I've had to slam on my brakes and the belt left a bruise on my neck for a week. That is a serious Must Have Improvement!!!

Hawaiian Trailblazer
By paurdy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It does feel a little rocky around corners. The fuel economy is average for a vehicle of this size I suppose. Other than that, I love my Trailblazer.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls. Interior seating. Bose stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Better stability in cornering.

Excellent Vehicle
By Mick

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle in March 05 for my wife and have made 6, 15 hour, 800 mile drives to Oregon and back to Calif. We have found it to be a confortable car to drive, handles very well, fuel economy is not bad for a 4WD. The seats are very confortable. Even when we had 5 people in the car for an extended drive. The Trailblazer had plenty of power to take us over the mountains. Controls are user friendly. The only poor design I found is when using the heater, it overheats the CD stereo system, the CD's become very hot, not good for the disks. The second is make sure your auto windshield wiper system is off, when going thru a car wash. Rear wiper replacement parts were 27.00.

Favorite Features

I found the best feature is confort, 2nd, plenty of power at 19 MPG with a 4x4. Great interior and exterior styling. Very Woman friendly, my wife loves driving her Trailblazer, has plenty of room for shopping trips with her friends.

Suggested Improvements

Address the stereo CD overheating problem using the heater, eliminate the auto wiper system

Nice to look at
By angela

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed in this SUV, Chevrolet put cheap paint on that scratches very easily (same with my Impala). I had a Hyundai for 7 years that never scratched like these cars. I have had several minor electrically issues within 6 months of owning the SUV. The drivers seat is very uncomfortable for long trips, which is why I bought a larger vehicle. For a company that is hurting you think they would offer a better warranty on their cars. Do not buy a car that their own maker can't stand behind.

Favorite Features

The only thing I am truly impressed with was the interior room, the third row is very spacious, there is a lot of leg room for adults!

Suggested Improvements

Offer a warranty for up to 75,000 miles, put better quality paint on the cars, make the seats more comfortable

Wish I could keep it
By lauramary

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely loved this SUV. Very comfortable. Got lots of extras ~ DVD player ~ Bose stereo, but the poor gas mileage was too much to bear. I had to trade this vehicle in because I was only averaging 12 miles per gallon combined city/hwy. My daily work commute is city driving. I realize that I took a loss when I traded her in, but every time I drove it, I pictured cash burning in the gas tank. A valuable lesson learned.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride ~ Interior Comfort ~ Spacious for passengers and any type of gear you might have.

Suggested Improvements

Please improve gas mileage and equip more vehicles with side air bags when being manufactured.