Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Mike's TrailBlazer EXT
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable ride, like driving down the road in your recliner. Smooth responsive steering. Good sound system. 3rd row seat is very convenient. Folds down easily for extra room and storage. Only downs are the obtrusive rear view mirror and non-aesthetic dash and controls.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather seats. Bose sound system. Built in XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy. More polish in the dash and gauges.

Like that TrailBlazer
By Louis

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We own the extended version and love it. Lots of room for 5 boys, the dog and plenty of other gear. Great road trip vehicle. We were looking at mini vans but found this to be more practicle and the 4 wheel drive comes in handy up here in the north-east during the winter.In fact we are a multiple TrailBlazer family.

Favorite Features

Good looks and heavy duty build. Lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Flat folding seats. Simialr to the ones found on Chrysler / Dodge mini vans.

SUV Works For Me
By AZGAL

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really nice SUV for the money. You get style and comfort as a package. I have owned several competing SUV's for the last 10 years and find this Trailblazer has the smoothest ride with all the comfort. If you have had other SUV's you know what I am talking about.

Favorite Features

Shifts smoothly and is very quiet. Feels like driving a Tahoe, but smoother ride!

Suggested Improvements

I would say I understand all the comments regarding gas mileage, except for the fact that every SUV I have owned has been a TRUE gas hog. This SUV give you decent SUV gas mileage. It could be improved, but compared to others it's in the range.

Poor Seat Configuration
By Demers Family

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate the configuration of the second row seats. The latch system is only on the second row on the middle seat and behind the passenger seat. If you latch the infant seat behind the passenger seat you are forced to vacate the whole 3/4 bench in order to flip the seat forward to let the back seat passengers in and out of the vehicle. Also since it is a 3/4 seat that flips forward the carseat gets caught by the large seat and if the toddler has their hand in the path it gets caught by the seat flipping forward. We have only owned the vehicle two weeks and this has happened to our baby four times already. The second row needs to be redesigned for better access and easier use.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating in the front seats, great drink holders for all different sized cups, nice exterior design and frame shape.

Suggested Improvements

Redo the second row seating

Trailblazer is great
By Corey Cornick

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SUV! That's all I can say. It has come through for me. I have hauled everything from 60 bags of mulch to a basketball hoop on the roof. The EXT is a very versatile vehicle. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I park the Lexus in the garage and take the Trailblazer out on the town. This is a very wise choice of a vehicle. My next SUV will be the Trailblazer SS!

Favorite Features

Space! The cabin on this thing is huge! For the price I just could't beat it.

Suggested Improvements

While the 6cyl is powerful, it sometimes seems a little over worked. but with 12k miles between oil changes it must not be too overworked.