Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Roomy but impractical
By Tim

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it thinking that this would suit my family for years, it has 3rd row, 4wd, tow package etc. Unfortunately it completely impractical, i have 2 small children in car seats and 1 on the way. You can't get to the 3rd row with any car seats in the 2nd row. The middle seat in the 2nd row is tiny like a sedan. So with our third on the way, we need to sell so we can fit 3 kids in the car (without having to crawl over the seat to get in the back row) Also if you bought the V6, you better be ready stay in the same lane, you'll never pass anyone! Typical Chevy repairs, thermostat, cam shaft, fuel pump, fuel gauge sensor. Overall not practical for young kids

Favorite Features

2hi, Awd, 4hi, and 4low. nice to switch when necessary. Good radio reception.

Suggested Improvements

Make 2nd row sliding to help 3rd row be more accessible.

Smooth 5.3L V8
By John

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The smoothest SUV I have ever driven. I love taking road trips with this vehicle. Acceleration is excellent, suspension is wonderful, and with that 3rd row there's room for everyone. I drove a Honda Pilot, Toyota 4runner, Mitsubishi Endeavor, toyota sequoia, lincoln navigator, and yet none of those cars come close to the smoothness of an EXT Trailblazer. Excellent job GM. Japanese may have the advantage when it comes to small compact cars, but it's all hands down to American when it comes down to the SUV segment.

Favorite Features

I love the look of this vehicle. Interior room is excellent. Towing capacity is amazing. Nice powerful 300hp V8 engine. Excellent turning radius for such a long suv. An overall good SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could be of a little better quality. And better gas mileage.

Road Warrior
By Skip

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a great selection for me...especially the V8, I average 20MPG.

Favorite Features

EXT model, comfortable leather seats (front lumbar & heated), adj. pedals, split rear seats for accessibility

Suggested Improvements

Six speed trans and/or Hybrid design, Cooled seats, Sunroof available w/Ceiling DVD

Loved the Truck but not Reliable
By dacuna13

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had any problems with the vehicle until now. It has been well maintained and the transmission and engine went out at the same time at 54,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Sturdy, Safe and Comfortable Family Vehicle

Hate this TrailBlazer
By DJ

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this TrailBlazer that I bought in 2005. I bought it brand new for $32000, and a year later, I hated it. It is slow, with no acceleration, or passing gear, the interior is uncomfortable, and really plain and ugly. I started having problems with it 6 months after I got it, the pully inside the engine had to be replaced, because it sounded like an rc car. Again 2 years later, it is doing the same thing. The plastic along the front and back is getting sun damaged, and it makes it look horrible. I am going to trade it in asap, for one of those new 2009 Tahoes, when they go on sale. Save your money, don't buy the TrailBlazer!

Favorite Features

Easy for kids to learn how to drive (very slow and easy)

Suggested Improvements

Everything, or just stop building them!