2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
Great SUV
By Kingjeff on 10/30/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I loved this vehicle. The third row of seating even worked for adults for short trips. Both the 2nd and 3rd row seating folded flat enough to use the entire rear cargo area. Great set up for a family with more than 2 kids. The 4.2L had plenty of power and reliablility. My daughter ran this truck into a tree and crushed the front end up to the dash, totaling it. The air bag did not deploy however the passenger compartment maintained its integrity. She was extracated through the back seat door but sustained only bruising from the seat belt.

Whole Family Loves This Truck
By JIMS1024 on 03/07/08 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this truck. Our model has all the options, leather heated seats, power everything. XM radio / Bose system. We could not be happier with our TrailBlazer EXT. Bought it used with 36k on it. Unbelieveable how much room - even in third row.

Trailblazer LT 4WD EXT 5.3 L V8
By Charles on 10/18/07 08:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is mainly excellent! Never taken to the dealer for any warranty work...in fact have never taken to the dealer.(all service work done at other shops...all service work done) V8 is the best choice...glad I "forced" the dealer to find me a V8. I drive many highway miles, very comfortable and overall fuel mileage in 20 MPG. Waiting till they come out with a Hybrid!

TrailBlazer Needs V8
By Jordan on 08/03/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2005 Trailblazer EXT to replace a Chevy Astro. Although the TrailBlazer has almost 70 more horsepower it has worse performance than the old Astro. It also gets worse gas mileage. Duh - we could have had a V8.

Practical, But Unreliable
By Neal on 01/04/07 20:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first new vehicle we ever purchased. Vehicle was in the shop app. 30 of first 50 days we owned it. 4 separate occasions for leaking differential housing, for bad serp. belt., and for steering out of tow, and once for a broken back window that shattered for no reason whatsoever. Dealer provided a Cavalier for a loaner (Thanks). Getting GM to step up to the plate was a battle. Eventually got two years of oil changes, but would have preferred a swap out of vehicle. Would have needed to go lemon law route to replace, but ended up to be too much trouble to make that happen. For the past 8 months or so, things seem to be OK. Horrible depreciation, so will need to hang on to it

Mike's TrailBlazer EXT
By Mike on 11/29/06 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable ride, like driving down the road in your recliner. Smooth responsive steering. Good sound system. 3rd row seat is very convenient. Folds down easily for extra room and storage. Only downs are the obtrusive rear view mirror and non-aesthetic dash and controls.

Like that TrailBlazer
By Louis on 05/06/06 04:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We own the extended version and love it. Lots of room for 5 boys, the dog and plenty of other gear. Great road trip vehicle. We were looking at mini vans but found this to be more practicle and the 4 wheel drive comes in handy up here in the north-east during the winter.In fact we are a multiple TrailBlazer family.

SUV Works For Me
By AZGAL on 02/28/06 03:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really nice SUV for the money. You get style and comfort as a package. I have owned several competing SUV's for the last 10 years and find this Trailblazer has the smoothest ride with all the comfort. If you have had other SUV's you know what I am talking about.

Poor Seat Configuration
By Demers Family on 01/27/06 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate the configuration of the second row seats. The latch system is only on the second row on the middle seat and behind the passenger seat. If you latch the infant seat behind the passenger seat you are forced to vacate the whole 3/4 bench in order to flip the seat forward to let the back seat passengers in and out of the vehicle. Also since it is a 3/4 seat that flips forward the carseat gets caught by the large seat and if the toddler has their hand in the path it gets caught by the seat flipping forward. We have only owned the vehicle two weeks and this has happened to our baby four times already. The second row needs to be redesigned for better access and easier use.

Trailblazer is great
By Corey Cornick on 12/10/05 06:37 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SUV! That's all I can say. It has come through for me. I have hauled everything from 60 bags of mulch to a basketball hoop on the roof. The EXT is a very versatile vehicle. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I park the Lexus in the garage and take the Trailblazer out on the town. This is a very wise choice of a vehicle. My next SUV will be the Trailblazer SS!