2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
2005 Chevy trailblazer
By alex160 on 09/04/12 12:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the price this SUV is not worth it , Mine only has 64000 miles and I had to replace the transmission at 39000 , TheClusters and now will have to replace the gas gauge again , back lights burned out ,and going on my second water pump. Driver's adjustment knob doesn't stay in , this will be my last chevy anything.

Average American Vehicle
By Sgt_Coolio on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased with a mindset of being paid off and lasting a long time. Well the vehicle has been paid off, but only lasted in top shape a few thousand miles. At the age of 12K miles the seals around the door began to become warped, the underseat plastic panels broke off a few from then. At 42K miles, the speedometer became faulty. At 48K miles, the gas meter became no good as well. Hence I work in the field quite a bit, the vehicle would sit in a parking lot for a few weeks at a time, causing the shocks, and calipers to become rusty. Overall this vehicle is not bad for company/government usage but for a family and a service member,perhaps a better choice is needed.

Loved the Truck but not Reliable
By dacuna13 on 02/27/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had any problems with the vehicle until now. It has been well maintained and the transmission and engine went out at the same time at 54,000 miles.

Hate this TrailBlazer
By DJ on 01/17/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this TrailBlazer that I bought in 2005. I bought it brand new for $32000, and a year later, I hated it. It is slow, with no acceleration, or passing gear, the interior is uncomfortable, and really plain and ugly. I started having problems with it 6 months after I got it, the pully inside the engine had to be replaced, because it sounded like an rc car. Again 2 years later, it is doing the same thing. The plastic along the front and back is getting sun damaged, and it makes it look horrible. I am going to trade it in asap, for one of those new 2009 Tahoes, when they go on sale. Save your money, don't buy the TrailBlazer!

SUV Works For Me
By AZGAL on 02/28/06 03:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really nice SUV for the money. You get style and comfort as a package. I have owned several competing SUV's for the last 10 years and find this Trailblazer has the smoothest ride with all the comfort. If you have had other SUV's you know what I am talking about.

Trailblazer is great
By Corey Cornick on 12/10/05 06:37 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SUV! That's all I can say. It has come through for me. I have hauled everything from 60 bags of mulch to a basketball hoop on the roof. The EXT is a very versatile vehicle. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I park the Lexus in the garage and take the Trailblazer out on the town. This is a very wise choice of a vehicle. My next SUV will be the Trailblazer SS!

Great vehicle
By Jay on 08/14/05 01:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV in this price range. If you compare it to SUVs in the MSRP range there are others that are better. If you compare it to vehicles in with the average transaction price, you’ll be hard pressed to find another vehicle with the features, power, and even quality. The new GM strategy to reduce the price to levels close to the actual transaction price will put this vehicle in categories that it will win customers when they do side to side comparisons. In the past, most consumers compared the vehicle to others in the same MSRP range and this vehicle didn't compare favorably. For example the one I bought I would have selected another at $31K. But no others compared at $25K

Love It!
By Queenie on 07/09/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this in June. I love it! I bought a fully loaded demo model and it's great. Super comfy, very roomy, lots of extra features. Would definitely recommend.

I Love My 2005 TrailBlazer EXT
By Mari on 06/26/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV, so perhaps I'm biased. I just love my 2005 Trailblazer EXT. For me and my three children, it has more than enough room, rides smooth, little to no road noise, and lots of head room.

TRAILBLAZER EXT
By MIKE POWER on 02/18/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Trailblazer EXT is the best SUV we have ever purchased. Plenty of pick up and go, plenty of room, and the third row seating is very comfortable. Gas mileage is a bit worse than the regular sized Trailblazer. With rear heat and a/c everyone is comfortable all the time. We also have XM satellite radio and OnStar that are wonderful additions. I will never buy any other SUV's than Chevy's again!!!