Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

2005 Chevy trailblazer
By alex160

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the price this SUV is not worth it , Mine only has 64000 miles and I had to replace the transmission at 39000 , TheClusters and now will have to replace the gas gauge again , back lights burned out ,and going on my second water pump. Driver's adjustment knob doesn't stay in , this will be my last chevy anything.

Average American Vehicle
By Sgt_Coolio

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased with a mindset of being paid off and lasting a long time. Well the vehicle has been paid off, but only lasted in top shape a few thousand miles. At the age of 12K miles the seals around the door began to become warped, the underseat plastic panels broke off a few from then. At 42K miles, the speedometer became faulty. At 48K miles, the gas meter became no good as well. Hence I work in the field quite a bit, the vehicle would sit in a parking lot for a few weeks at a time, causing the shocks, and calipers to become rusty. Overall this vehicle is not bad for company/government usage but for a family and a service member,perhaps a better choice is needed.

Favorite Features

The vehicle came will all the features except leather (I have kids).

Suggested Improvements

For what I paid for this vehicle back in '04 ($29,599) and the roughness that I was promised. It was definitely a let down, at least for an American vehicle, and a Chevy at that.

Loved the Truck but not Reliable
By dacuna13

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had any problems with the vehicle until now. It has been well maintained and the transmission and engine went out at the same time at 54,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Sturdy, Safe and Comfortable Family Vehicle

Hate this TrailBlazer
By DJ

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this TrailBlazer that I bought in 2005. I bought it brand new for $32000, and a year later, I hated it. It is slow, with no acceleration, or passing gear, the interior is uncomfortable, and really plain and ugly. I started having problems with it 6 months after I got it, the pully inside the engine had to be replaced, because it sounded like an rc car. Again 2 years later, it is doing the same thing. The plastic along the front and back is getting sun damaged, and it makes it look horrible. I am going to trade it in asap, for one of those new 2009 Tahoes, when they go on sale. Save your money, don't buy the TrailBlazer!

Favorite Features

Easy for kids to learn how to drive (very slow and easy)

Suggested Improvements

Everything, or just stop building them!

SUV Works For Me
By AZGAL

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really nice SUV for the money. You get style and comfort as a package. I have owned several competing SUV's for the last 10 years and find this Trailblazer has the smoothest ride with all the comfort. If you have had other SUV's you know what I am talking about.

Favorite Features

Shifts smoothly and is very quiet. Feels like driving a Tahoe, but smoother ride!

Suggested Improvements

I would say I understand all the comments regarding gas mileage, except for the fact that every SUV I have owned has been a TRUE gas hog. This SUV give you decent SUV gas mileage. It could be improved, but compared to others it's in the range.