Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Great Large SUV
By hpopik

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Trailblazer from GM dealer in 2006 with 18,000 Kilometers or fifteen thousand miles for a great price and got the extended warranty for it. SUV has about 125,000 kilometers or about 75,000 Miles .The vehicle has been excellent as it is January ,2014 and still looks and drives excellent. It is a 4X4 which is great as I am in Alberta, Canada and we have over four feet of snow already this year so the 4X4 is great and no problems with it. This winter we went through the Rocky Mountains and purchased Cooper Winter Tires and the road control on both ice and snow is remarkable. The factory tires originally on the car are bad and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. round Great SuV

Great highway vehicle as have been on 5,000 mile trip with 7 passengers and was great People mover as my grand children accompanied me and my wife on the highway. Great winter vehicle for cold winters in Canada as the 4X4 is just great

Factory tires are expensive and of poor quality as I had them replaced by the dealer with the ones that came with the vehicle and they do not wear well and were bad on ice in the winter. As the vehicle is off warranty we do not go to the dealer but the SUV is serviced by a local garage and they are excellent. Use Synthetic oil as in winter it goes to -40 Below and the oil flows like water at this temperature as opposed to conventional oil which is like syrup at this temperature.

Now I know why we always bought Toyota's
By mwermuth

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A complete lemon. We purchased the car in 2005 and have had more problems than we ever had with any other car. Year 1, trips to dealer for repairs 4 Cause, after market DVD player falling off the ceiling and no volume in stereo. Water leaking through window seal. Year 2, trips to dealer 3 Cause, broken belts in two tires, that they denied were a problem. Resulted in complete replacement of tires and wheel hub and bearing assemblies. Year 3, Replaced breaks and rotors Year 4, Replaced tires and exhaust system which had completely rusted out. Year 5, New breaks and idle pulley and serpentine belt. Also new water pump. Cont...

This year, needs new shocks, struts and tires. Power steering line has to be replaced. Rubber lines have rotted and burst. Poor quality and workmanship as well as terrible mechanical design.

2005 Chevy trailblazer
By alex160

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the price this SUV is not worth it , Mine only has 64000 miles and I had to replace the transmission at 39000 , TheClusters and now will have to replace the gas gauge again , back lights burned out ,and going on my second water pump. Driver's adjustment knob doesn't stay in , this will be my last chevy anything.

Money Pit
By yesman12

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2005 EXT model with the I6 motor as a new car. Nothing but problems since then - instrument panel replaced 3x's, wheel bearing hub replacement and new water pump all before 80K miles. Vehicle now has 93K miles and had to have it hauled back home from vacation because of a mis-firing problem in the 5th cylinder. the cyclinder has no compression which will likely require a head replacement (not a cheap or fun endevour). If you are thinking of buying this vehicle - Don't - it's a total piece of junk. I'm a die hard Chevy guy, but I think this is my last.

Fits the entire family Nice entertainment system

Better engine and overall quality would be nice

Average American Vehicle
By Sgt_Coolio

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased with a mindset of being paid off and lasting a long time. Well the vehicle has been paid off, but only lasted in top shape a few thousand miles. At the age of 12K miles the seals around the door began to become warped, the underseat plastic panels broke off a few from then. At 42K miles, the speedometer became faulty. At 48K miles, the gas meter became no good as well. Hence I work in the field quite a bit, the vehicle would sit in a parking lot for a few weeks at a time, causing the shocks, and calipers to become rusty. Overall this vehicle is not bad for company/government usage but for a family and a service member,perhaps a better choice is needed.

The vehicle came will all the features except leather (I have kids).

For what I paid for this vehicle back in '04 ($29,599) and the roughness that I was promised. It was definitely a let down, at least for an American vehicle, and a Chevy at that.