2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
Great Large SUV
By hpopik on 01/28/14 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Trailblazer from GM dealer in 2006 with 18,000 Kilometers or fifteen thousand miles for a great price and got the extended warranty for it. SUV has about 125,000 kilometers or about 75,000 Miles .The vehicle has been excellent as it is January ,2014 and still looks and drives excellent. It is a 4X4 which is great as I am in Alberta, Canada and we have over four feet of snow already this year so the 4X4 is great and no problems with it. This winter we went through the Rocky Mountains and purchased Cooper Winter Tires and the road control on both ice and snow is remarkable. The factory tires originally on the car are bad and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. round Great SuV

Now I know why we always bought Toyota's
By mwermuth on 02/12/13 12:43 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A complete lemon. We purchased the car in 2005 and have had more problems than we ever had with any other car. Year 1, trips to dealer for repairs 4 Cause, after market DVD player falling off the ceiling and no volume in stereo. Water leaking through window seal. Year 2, trips to dealer 3 Cause, broken belts in two tires, that they denied were a problem. Resulted in complete replacement of tires and wheel hub and bearing assemblies. Year 3, Replaced breaks and rotors Year 4, Replaced tires and exhaust system which had completely rusted out. Year 5, New breaks and idle pulley and serpentine belt. Also new water pump. Cont...

2005 Chevy trailblazer
By alex160 on 09/04/12 12:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the price this SUV is not worth it , Mine only has 64000 miles and I had to replace the transmission at 39000 , TheClusters and now will have to replace the gas gauge again , back lights burned out ,and going on my second water pump. Driver's adjustment knob doesn't stay in , this will be my last chevy anything.

Money Pit
By yesman12 on 06/30/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2005 EXT model with the I6 motor as a new car. Nothing but problems since then - instrument panel replaced 3x's, wheel bearing hub replacement and new water pump all before 80K miles. Vehicle now has 93K miles and had to have it hauled back home from vacation because of a mis-firing problem in the 5th cylinder. the cyclinder has no compression which will likely require a head replacement (not a cheap or fun endevour). If you are thinking of buying this vehicle - Don't - it's a total piece of junk. I'm a die hard Chevy guy, but I think this is my last.

Average American Vehicle
By Sgt_Coolio on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased with a mindset of being paid off and lasting a long time. Well the vehicle has been paid off, but only lasted in top shape a few thousand miles. At the age of 12K miles the seals around the door began to become warped, the underseat plastic panels broke off a few from then. At 42K miles, the speedometer became faulty. At 48K miles, the gas meter became no good as well. Hence I work in the field quite a bit, the vehicle would sit in a parking lot for a few weeks at a time, causing the shocks, and calipers to become rusty. Overall this vehicle is not bad for company/government usage but for a family and a service member,perhaps a better choice is needed.

Roomy but impractical
By Tim on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it thinking that this would suit my family for years, it has 3rd row, 4wd, tow package etc. Unfortunately it completely impractical, i have 2 small children in car seats and 1 on the way. You can't get to the 3rd row with any car seats in the 2nd row. The middle seat in the 2nd row is tiny like a sedan. So with our third on the way, we need to sell so we can fit 3 kids in the car (without having to crawl over the seat to get in the back row) Also if you bought the V6, you better be ready stay in the same lane, you'll never pass anyone! Typical Chevy repairs, thermostat, cam shaft, fuel pump, fuel gauge sensor. Overall not practical for young kids

Smooth 5.3L V8
By John on 03/30/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The smoothest SUV I have ever driven. I love taking road trips with this vehicle. Acceleration is excellent, suspension is wonderful, and with that 3rd row there's room for everyone. I drove a Honda Pilot, Toyota 4runner, Mitsubishi Endeavor, toyota sequoia, lincoln navigator, and yet none of those cars come close to the smoothness of an EXT Trailblazer. Excellent job GM. Japanese may have the advantage when it comes to small compact cars, but it's all hands down to American when it comes down to the SUV segment.

Road Warrior
By Skip on 03/09/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a great selection for me...especially the V8, I average 20MPG.

Loved the Truck but not Reliable
By dacuna13 on 02/27/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had any problems with the vehicle until now. It has been well maintained and the transmission and engine went out at the same time at 54,000 miles.

Hate this TrailBlazer
By DJ on 01/17/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this TrailBlazer that I bought in 2005. I bought it brand new for $32000, and a year later, I hated it. It is slow, with no acceleration, or passing gear, the interior is uncomfortable, and really plain and ugly. I started having problems with it 6 months after I got it, the pully inside the engine had to be replaced, because it sounded like an rc car. Again 2 years later, it is doing the same thing. The plastic along the front and back is getting sun damaged, and it makes it look horrible. I am going to trade it in asap, for one of those new 2009 Tahoes, when they go on sale. Save your money, don't buy the TrailBlazer!

1 2 3 4 5 next »