Great 7 Passenger Vehicle
By Tom Friedel on
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I must admit, I love the Trailblazer. It is not fun to drive considering it is like an oversize station wagon, but it does ride smooth like a car which is a big plus. I don't know where all the gas mileage figures are coming from. The sticker says 15 city. Someone mentioned they obtained 15 in the city. We do not pull a trailer, drive very conservatively, have clean filters etc and are lucky to get 13 mpg in the city. This is unacceptable for a straight 6 engine. GM - Where is your competitive crossover vehicle for the 7 passenger Toyota Highlander?? The build quality is good. The vehicle drives nice, has plenty of torque and the 4x4 is great for hunting.
Favorite Features
Great ride. This is a very smooth vehicle for a SUV. No truck feel at all. The seats are comfortable and the vehicle feels solid.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the mileage. I don't understand with the technology how a inline straight 4.2 liter can get worse mileage or equivalent to an 8 cylinder 5.3 liter. Does GM need to make more refinements to the 4.2 liter. 13 mpg in the city is unacceptable.