Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Love my Trailblazer
By john morgan

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Couldn't ask for more for your money and the best part is that it is American made!!!!!Not some car company overseas!

Straight six engine!

Build more!!

I LOVE my truck!
By Mrs. Conway

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a 1996 Safari with this vehicle. I like the room, the handling, the power. For the cost, it's hands down better than my van ever was. It has more than enough power for merging onto our traffic clogged interstate, yet with the windows up, it blocks out all the road noise. The visibility is excellent. All in all, I LOVE my truck!

power windows, rear wiper, dual A/C

the roof has a bad habit of dripping into the passenger compartment when it rains...

Not For Keeps
By skidadil

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Hauling cargo with the third row folded down gets difficult sometimes. The third row does not fold flush with the trunk space and they sit at a slight angle. This makes stacking a big load of things tricky sometimes. There seem to be little things that go wrong with this car from time to time which makes me nervous about what lies ahead once the warranty runs out. For example, off the showroom floor the alignment was off so bad we gained 150 miles out of a tank of gas once it was fixed. Right now our blinkers stay on solid instead of blinking and the rear heat doesn't work. There's also a strange rattle under the hood. I'm selling and going foreign!

Very smooth ride for such a large vehicle.

Make the third row of seats flush and flat to match the trunk space.

Better than the Tahoe
By imadad2

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the extended Trailblazer because I liked the look of it better than the Tahoe. The LS version has more goodies than the base Ford SUV's, and the incentives are better than Toyota. I bought the bigger 5.3 liter V-8, and I love it. It gets only 15 MPG, but what do you expect from a SUV? My kids love the interior, and my wife can get in and out of it without needing running boards. This SUV feels like a large SUV, but it is considered a midsize. I love the handling, and love the standard features Chevrolet has put in it. Now lets see if I have any problems. It is to early yet to tell. I am a loyal Chevrolet buyer, and will continue to be.

Dual Air, rear heater/AC, luggage rack design, sporty look, and standard features.

flimsy looking power mirror controls, no third row floor mats(I had to buy them).

Unexpectedly delighted
By Kath & Mike

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I used to be a Toyota-only driver. Then I purchased a Chevy Suburban about a year ago. I noticed the TrailBlazer EXT at the time, which I recently purchased for my family. I appreciate its power and its simplicity. It's fun to drive with plenty of room inside. From a value standpoint, there's really no comparison. With all the GM incentives, I estimate I purchased the TrailBlazer EXT for about 60% of the cost of a similarly equipped Highlander. That's serious money. The interior may not be as refined, but it's a better-looking vehicle on the outside, more powerful, and an outstanding value.

Third row seat is a great feature, with plenty of room behind it. Seats are easy to fold down. Comfortable and roomy for driver and passengers.

Can't think of many. Controls could be simpler and a bit more refined.