Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Enjoying new TrailBlazer EXT
By rishemre

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my new truck, I have had it about a month. Traded a 98 Blazer. The straight 6 has surprising power and plenty of passing power. The interior is very nice, however, on the basic LS, Chevy got cheap on items like no cover on the visor mirrors and manual adjustment on the rear view mirror. When you get into this price range, these should be a standard feature. I hope I am as happy in one year because as of right now, I think it is a great truck.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned above, the interior items could be dressed up some. I think the plain mirrors on the underside of the visor are a driving hazard.

2004 trailblazer ext LT
By edandvil

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I have 5000 miles so far and the suv runs great. I have no complaints except the gas milage. I am averaging 13-14 miles city. yuk. My suv is fully loaded and I am enjoying all the options including the satelite radio and bose system. The suv is very roomy and the kids love the extra radio (their own) in the back. The power is great. I was kind of skeptical when i heard the suv has a 6 cylinder with 275 hp. When I drove it it never felt like a 6 cylinder. feels like a small block v8. vehicle never lacks power. Although I haven't towed anything yet. So can't comment on that.

Favorite Features

xm radio, car phone, bose system. controls on steering.

Suggested Improvements

easier controls for the a/c. kinda of confusing. quieter a/c. when puting on high blower is loud. better shocks. seems like chevy just threw on some cheap shocks and everytime you go over a speed bump the whole car just goes side to side. like a boat. add 2 more speakers to the back.

outstanding vehichle
By joemarks

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

could not be more happy with this truck. insige is great for family and yet not to large for individual driving.plenty of pick up and great styling.

My Best Vehicle Yet!!!!
By C Canning

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutly love this truck! I love the look of it, the comfort,the quality, and the performance. An excellent towing vehicle that is a dream to drive. Very quiet inside and the smoothest ride I've had for a long time.

Favorite Features

Body Styling Power Comfort

Suggested Improvements

None

90 day review
By SSH

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in 97 Astro for 04 LT EXT. Expect a truck like ride, 3rd row seating is easier and sits better than Tahoe. We like it overall. We live in Texas, it does not produce cold air until it is moving. Dealer says that is how it was designed, still looking into it.

Favorite Features

Rear seat controls for A/C & radio. Sitting high, the driver information stuff, rear wheel drive, nice highway ride, plenty of room for 4 plus stuff.

Suggested Improvements

A/C see above. Gas mileage, 15 around town, 19 @ 70 mph, same as '97 Astro, just seems like it should be better.