Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Better than our minivan!
By D Whitman

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In general, experience has been very positive. Vehicle is very practical for a wide range of family needs. Plenty of room to carry the soccer team AND equipment. Also like flexibility of space for vacation needs. Engine performance is very good - good pickup and plenty of power to pass on the highway. eats are very reasy to fold down and variety of combinations is nice.

Favorite Features

Memory seats - very helpful for two very different size drivers who like to set up the vehicle differently.

Suggested Improvements

Needs second row cupholders that can be easily reached by children. Only cupholders in rear seat are at base of console - too far for a small child to reach.

So proud of myself for this buy !!!
By Furdog

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an EXT LS Trailblazer with a V-8 in June 2004. I could not be happier with the purchase. I never thought I'd get into a 7 seat SUV for under 30 grand. With Chevy's rebates and incentives, I was well under 30 grand including interest on financing. For the price, Chevrolet comes with the most standard features of any midsize SUV. The Trailblazer is better looking than the Tahoe, and costs a lot less. I get decent gas mileage (15 MPG) and the kids love our new vehicle. I can't wait to take a long road trip. The standard features alone make the Explorer look sick. Compare the two and you will see what I mean.

Favorite Features

I love the design of this SUV. It is sporty, yet refined. I like it better than the Tahoe. The dual air, alarm system, wireless remote system, voice recorder, stereo, and 17" wheels. The V-8 is powerful and makes me feel like a King on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet designed this SUV so the A/C warms up when you park and sit in idle. A/C should be cold all the time. The seating when folded does not create a flat trunk space. It is a wavy floor. The front cup holders are not designed to hold a bottle. Taking a sharp turn spills them.

2004 8 cyl
By mij

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle if you do not want a Tahoe or Suburban. I bought it because of the 8cyl engine, the 3rd row seating and entertainment center not to mention that a have several local Chevy dealers but no imports. 8cyl is great for towing. I love the XM radio that I got 1 year free of

Favorite Features

8cyl, xm, towing, 3rd row seating

Suggested Improvements

Not much, I don't think alot of people know about the extended version.

Just Got It
By JHaight

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Was looking for something that would handle our growing family. Only have 200 miles on it so far. I'm 6'3" and I could sit in the back row. Wife loves it. Got 6k off in incentives, which made it a reasonable purchase. Had no problems pulling the pontoon boat. I can tell it sat on the lot, it has some cosmetic issues. A gasket on the back hatch needs to be replaced (covered by warranty, no prob.). A small tear in upholstery on the passenger door and discoloring(?)of the plastic exterior trim. Don't know if the last two are going to be issues or not... haven't spoke to the dealer about them.

Favorite Features

Dual front and side airbags, want my family to be safe!

Suggested Improvements

Wish I had gotten the DIC (feature allows the vehicle to auto adjust to whichever keyless entry unlocks the doors). The CD that came w/ the truck talked about it and it sounds great if the price is right!

Mini-Van Never More
By jbowen81

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have three kids and have historically been a mini-van family. Well the toddlers have turned into teens and the space needed to haul all there stuff has grown. The Trailblazer is just what we needed. Lots of comfort and room for the three kids , their friends and all their stuff. And with the 275 horses -- never a concern with getting up and going on the highway. We bought the DVD system which makes longer trips more fun for all. And for when we are all together, I bought a Thule roof carrier that gives us the ability to carry lots and stay comfortable. The mileage has been surprisngly good -- not much different from the vans we had. We love it!

Favorite Features

275 Horse-Power I-6 with good mileage, third row very roomy, gotta have DVD,wish I had bought the XM Radio -- looks like a cool product.