2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
Enjoying new TrailBlazer EXT
By rishemre on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my new truck, I have had it about a month. Traded a 98 Blazer. The straight 6 has surprising power and plenty of passing power. The interior is very nice, however, on the basic LS, Chevy got cheap on items like no cover on the visor mirrors and manual adjustment on the rear view mirror. When you get into this price range, these should be a standard feature. I hope I am as happy in one year because as of right now, I think it is a great truck.

2004 trailblazer ext LT
By edandvil on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I have 5000 miles so far and the suv runs great. I have no complaints except the gas milage. I am averaging 13-14 miles city. yuk. My suv is fully loaded and I am enjoying all the options including the satelite radio and bose system. The suv is very roomy and the kids love the extra radio (their own) in the back. The power is great. I was kind of skeptical when i heard the suv has a 6 cylinder with 275 hp. When I drove it it never felt like a 6 cylinder. feels like a small block v8. vehicle never lacks power. Although I haven't towed anything yet. So can't comment on that.

outstanding vehichle
By joemarks on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

could not be more happy with this truck. insige is great for family and yet not to large for individual driving.plenty of pick up and great styling.

My Best Vehicle Yet!!!!
By C Canning on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutly love this truck! I love the look of it, the comfort,the quality, and the performance. An excellent towing vehicle that is a dream to drive. Very quiet inside and the smoothest ride I've had for a long time.

90 day review
By SSH on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in 97 Astro for 04 LT EXT. Expect a truck like ride, 3rd row seating is easier and sits better than Tahoe. We like it overall. We live in Texas, it does not produce cold air until it is moving. Dealer says that is how it was designed, still looking into it.

Love my Trailblazer
By john morgan on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Couldn't ask for more for your money and the best part is that it is American made!!!!!Not some car company overseas!

I LOVE my truck!
By Mrs. Conway on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a 1996 Safari with this vehicle. I like the room, the handling, the power. For the cost, it's hands down better than my van ever was. It has more than enough power for merging onto our traffic clogged interstate, yet with the windows up, it blocks out all the road noise. The visibility is excellent. All in all, I LOVE my truck!

Not For Keeps
By skidadil on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Hauling cargo with the third row folded down gets difficult sometimes. The third row does not fold flush with the trunk space and they sit at a slight angle. This makes stacking a big load of things tricky sometimes. There seem to be little things that go wrong with this car from time to time which makes me nervous about what lies ahead once the warranty runs out. For example, off the showroom floor the alignment was off so bad we gained 150 miles out of a tank of gas once it was fixed. Right now our blinkers stay on solid instead of blinking and the rear heat doesn't work. There's also a strange rattle under the hood. I'm selling and going foreign!

Better than the Tahoe
By imadad2 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the extended Trailblazer because I liked the look of it better than the Tahoe. The LS version has more goodies than the base Ford SUV's, and the incentives are better than Toyota. I bought the bigger 5.3 liter V-8, and I love it. It gets only 15 MPG, but what do you expect from a SUV? My kids love the interior, and my wife can get in and out of it without needing running boards. This SUV feels like a large SUV, but it is considered a midsize. I love the handling, and love the standard features Chevrolet has put in it. Now lets see if I have any problems. It is to early yet to tell. I am a loyal Chevrolet buyer, and will continue to be.

Unexpectedly delighted
By Kath & Mike on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I used to be a Toyota-only driver. Then I purchased a Chevy Suburban about a year ago. I noticed the TrailBlazer EXT at the time, which I recently purchased for my family. I appreciate its power and its simplicity. It's fun to drive with plenty of room inside. From a value standpoint, there's really no comparison. With all the GM incentives, I estimate I purchased the TrailBlazer EXT for about 60% of the cost of a similarly equipped Highlander. That's serious money. The interior may not be as refined, but it's a better-looking vehicle on the outside, more powerful, and an outstanding value.