Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Great Ride
By Happy Grandma

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love at first drive! This vehicle is exactly what I need to carry kids to daycare, school and work, load all kinds of cargo, and enjoy driving all the time. It has a luxury ride, it's beautiful, and roomy. My grandson loves the opera-style 3rd row seating. He has lots of room to play and can see outside with no problem. Plenty of power.

Luxury ride, roomy, no mechanical problems ever, beautiful, just right for my family.

Design fan so it doesn't blow continuously - some other makes do too. Fix problem with brake light blowing out after about 4 years.

Great SUV if your not afrqid of gas prices
By sandy

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TrailBlazer, the extended version. Great family car seats 7. Great in the winter weather. I hate that I have to turn it in in July, but I can't afford the gas. But don't judge by me, as I am a single parent. So with a family with two incomes don't be afraid its a great vehicle!

It's comfortable. Long rides, the driver's seat feels like you are sitting on your couch.

Better gas mileage

New rig for the bigger family
By Jeff

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used, I am the 2nd owner. I fell in love with it right away, the 3rd row seat is a god send, and I love the styling. The only drawback is the mileage. 12-14mpg at best in city

Everything

Fix the fuel mileage. It's an inline 6. It should not have a fuel rating worse than the Ford V-10 regardless of the 6300 pound GVWR.

Don't buy one
By MSA

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car needed to a new transmission and 34,000 miles. At 52,000 miles the water pump went, and at 55,000 miles the air-conditioning compressor went. Stay away from this car.

Great Utility Vehicle
By jwoodie

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Although the extremely long wheelbase of this vehicle impairs parking lot maneuvering, it also provides a limosine-like ride and amazing interior room. I am not aware of any other SUV which can transport a 4x8 sheet of plywood entirely inside the vehicle! Also, the third seat is very comfortable for two adults. The V8 engine has more power yet gets the same gas mileage as the 6. Replacing the stock Continental tires greatly improved overall handling.

Comfort, features, utility.

Needs extra storage bins for knick-knacks.