2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
Not too bad..
By JasonWiggins on 03/21/07 16:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle, very large, the folding seats aren't as difficult as these other geniuses make'em out to be, lots of room for hauling...everything, wish the 3rd row seat would fold flat. seatbelts require extra effort to put on (installed in seat). Excellent for a family vehicle. Ran very well up to two major accident's (bent frame rail and rolled on side...thanks honey :) However, safety wise, she and the kids were well protected, nothing but bumps and bruises. Related to the accidents or not, the tach went on the fritz as well as the speedo, rear heater core went bad <-- kinda early for 50k. Gas mileage isn't as bad as previous posts claim, large SUV w/4.2L 6 cylinder 250+horsepower

GM Junk
By Upset at my 1st Chev on 08/16/06 00:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had never owned a Chevy SUV before and was excited to get a Trailblazer EXT. Great style, good features at a reasonable price. No quality. The 1st 3 months I had 9 problems with 2 trips in for an upshift problem that they claimed they could not find. GM suggested I find a dealer that had a tool to install that would monitor the problem, but I had to reseach and find the dealer that had it and go there. They had no interest or concern of the many problems or required trips to the dealer. If you are thinking of buying one, hopefully you do not get one of the many lemons they have out there.

Love It!
By Jane on 07/26/06 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth and just an all around great SUV. My hubby is 6'8 and he can fit with plenty of room. The kids love to watch DVD's and sit in the 3rd row. Wireless headsets are great. I'd buy another in a minute.

Ugly Duckling Turns Out to be Swan
By jwoodie on 05/10/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Too bad GM made this quintessential wagon so ugly on the outside (typical of their afterthought stretch versions) and has now decided to kill it. This vehicle does everything in great comfort and reasonable economy (14-18 with V8 4wd 3.73 axle). I have The North Face edition with two-tone paint (looks much better). Don't worry about wind noise from roof rack- just move back front crossbar (like it says in the owner's manual). This one's a keeper!

It meets our needs
By jaxncoog on 03/17/06 11:01 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Once we got the third kid, we knew we had to go bigger. Fact of the matter is, you just can't look cool driving a mini-van. Besides the costs, winter driving , and power for the mini-van just doesn't compare to this SUV. This has been an excellent car for our snowy winters and our many outdoor activities. Fuel Economy is poor but comparable to other vehicles within it's size range. The third row seat is roomy and has great sight lines. The front console is weak. You can't put drinks in it and get access to the central console controls.

Great 7 Passenger Vehicle
By Tom Friedel on 02/10/06 23:31 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I must admit, I love the Trailblazer. It is not fun to drive considering it is like an oversize station wagon, but it does ride smooth like a car which is a big plus. I don't know where all the gas mileage figures are coming from. The sticker says 15 city. Someone mentioned they obtained 15 in the city. We do not pull a trailer, drive very conservatively, have clean filters etc and are lucky to get 13 mpg in the city. This is unacceptable for a straight 6 engine. GM - Where is your competitive crossover vehicle for the 7 passenger Toyota Highlander?? The build quality is good. The vehicle drives nice, has plenty of torque and the 4x4 is great for hunting.

Overall: Great Car
By Patric on 12/22/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got this vehicle over 3 years ago and I'm still very happy with it. I really like the overall exterior and interior design, but there's one large flaw; you can't get 2nd row bucket seats, so it's difficult getting to the back row. I had a brake problem not very long after getting it, but since then, nothing bad has happened. It also gets decent fuel economy and has a good turn circle. Though it's expecting a redesign next year, so I'm looking forward to what GM brings to the table in the struggling SUV market

Wish I could of tried it out for a month
By wigglebritches on 10/25/05 18:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The test drive was fine, but actually using the vehicle was another story. Gas mileage is poor; we get about 9 mpg pulling our camper and about 14 mpg avg. highway & city. The suspension is soupy; it wobbles a lot around corners & over bumps. The storage is appalling; I can't carry passengers, a stroller and groceries; there just isn't enough room. The stroller also falls out when I open the back hatch since it is crammed in. Having two car seats means the seat which allows access to the back hooks the car seat when you try to fold it down. Folding the back seats down is no easy feat. Not enough storage for little stuff. Little to no leg room when purse, back packs & diaper bags are stowed.

Proud Trailblazer Owners
By millerps125 on 01/09/05 20:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought because we wanted to be able to sit at least 6 without buying a minivan. The Trailblazer fits our budget, and is an overall wonderful fit for our family. The truck still has room for improvements but for the price it is very tough to complain. We have the 6 cyl. and still only manage 13-14 mgp city driving so the gas mileage is a downside. Plenty of room for the kids and still an extra row of seats with cargo room in the rear. With the 3rd row of seats up, the rear cargo area (between the back row and rear door) is larger than most other SUV's. We checked many others and this offered the most room.

So Far So Good!
By Big Dog on 01/01/05 23:31 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased as an "always wish I had one" car and ours was on the lot with all the goodies. Nav System could be a little easier to use but once you get the hang of it, it's great. DVD system too and it's been a suprise how often we use it with an 11 yr old. Gas mileage about what we thought, Very easy to drive and comfort is great. Have had electonics issues with the memory seats but handled well by the dealer. Very good trailer tow ability too, suspension is great.