Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Don't buy one
By MSA

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car needed to a new transmission and 34,000 miles. At 52,000 miles the water pump went, and at 55,000 miles the air-conditioning compressor went. Stay away from this car.

Love It!
By Jane

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth and just an all around great SUV. My hubby is 6'8 and he can fit with plenty of room. The kids love to watch DVD's and sit in the 3rd row. Wireless headsets are great. I'd buy another in a minute.

Favorite Features

The build, smooth ride. Dependable

Suggested Improvements

Make extra head sets available at a better price.

Overall: Great Car
By Patric

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got this vehicle over 3 years ago and I'm still very happy with it. I really like the overall exterior and interior design, but there's one large flaw; you can't get 2nd row bucket seats, so it's difficult getting to the back row. I had a brake problem not very long after getting it, but since then, nothing bad has happened. It also gets decent fuel economy and has a good turn circle. Though it's expecting a redesign next year, so I'm looking forward to what GM brings to the table in the struggling SUV market

2004 trailblazer ext LT
By edandvil

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I have 5000 miles so far and the suv runs great. I have no complaints except the gas milage. I am averaging 13-14 miles city. yuk. My suv is fully loaded and I am enjoying all the options including the satelite radio and bose system. The suv is very roomy and the kids love the extra radio (their own) in the back. The power is great. I was kind of skeptical when i heard the suv has a 6 cylinder with 275 hp. When I drove it it never felt like a 6 cylinder. feels like a small block v8. vehicle never lacks power. Although I haven't towed anything yet. So can't comment on that.

Favorite Features

xm radio, car phone, bose system. controls on steering.

Suggested Improvements

easier controls for the a/c. kinda of confusing. quieter a/c. when puting on high blower is loud. better shocks. seems like chevy just threw on some cheap shocks and everytime you go over a speed bump the whole car just goes side to side. like a boat. add 2 more speakers to the back.

90 day review
By SSH

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in 97 Astro for 04 LT EXT. Expect a truck like ride, 3rd row seating is easier and sits better than Tahoe. We like it overall. We live in Texas, it does not produce cold air until it is moving. Dealer says that is how it was designed, still looking into it.

Favorite Features

Rear seat controls for A/C & radio. Sitting high, the driver information stuff, rear wheel drive, nice highway ride, plenty of room for 4 plus stuff.

Suggested Improvements

A/C see above. Gas mileage, 15 around town, 19 @ 70 mph, same as '97 Astro, just seems like it should be better.