2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
Great Ride
By Happy Grandma on 06/21/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love at first drive! This vehicle is exactly what I need to carry kids to daycare, school and work, load all kinds of cargo, and enjoy driving all the time. It has a luxury ride, it's beautiful, and roomy. My grandson loves the opera-style 3rd row seating. He has lots of room to play and can see outside with no problem. Plenty of power.

Proud Trailblazer Owners
By millerps125 on 01/09/05 20:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought because we wanted to be able to sit at least 6 without buying a minivan. The Trailblazer fits our budget, and is an overall wonderful fit for our family. The truck still has room for improvements but for the price it is very tough to complain. We have the 6 cyl. and still only manage 13-14 mgp city driving so the gas mileage is a downside. Plenty of room for the kids and still an extra row of seats with cargo room in the rear. With the 3rd row of seats up, the rear cargo area (between the back row and rear door) is larger than most other SUV's. We checked many others and this offered the most room.

Broken at 600 miles
By NunyaBiznas on 12/17/04 15:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Driving down the highway in 2 wheel drive and the 'Service 4wd' light came on. Took it to the dealer and the part is on back order! It is comfortable but that doesn't help while it is in the shop.

Lovin The Trailblazer
By Indyjd on 12/01/04 01:35 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Trailblazer because we needed room for 6. The ride is better than the Intrigue we traded in!! My wife and kids love the interior, the comfort and room inside. I love the handling and the standard features but most of all the price!!

So proud of myself for this buy !!!
By Furdog on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an EXT LS Trailblazer with a V-8 in June 2004. I could not be happier with the purchase. I never thought I'd get into a 7 seat SUV for under 30 grand. With Chevy's rebates and incentives, I was well under 30 grand including interest on financing. For the price, Chevrolet comes with the most standard features of any midsize SUV. The Trailblazer is better looking than the Tahoe, and costs a lot less. I get decent gas mileage (15 MPG) and the kids love our new vehicle. I can't wait to take a long road trip. The standard features alone make the Explorer look sick. Compare the two and you will see what I mean.

I LOVE my truck!
By Mrs. Conway on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a 1996 Safari with this vehicle. I like the room, the handling, the power. For the cost, it's hands down better than my van ever was. It has more than enough power for merging onto our traffic clogged interstate, yet with the windows up, it blocks out all the road noise. The visibility is excellent. All in all, I LOVE my truck!

Not For Keeps
By skidadil on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Hauling cargo with the third row folded down gets difficult sometimes. The third row does not fold flush with the trunk space and they sit at a slight angle. This makes stacking a big load of things tricky sometimes. There seem to be little things that go wrong with this car from time to time which makes me nervous about what lies ahead once the warranty runs out. For example, off the showroom floor the alignment was off so bad we gained 150 miles out of a tank of gas once it was fixed. Right now our blinkers stay on solid instead of blinking and the rear heat doesn't work. There's also a strange rattle under the hood. I'm selling and going foreign!

Better than the Tahoe
By imadad2 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the extended Trailblazer because I liked the look of it better than the Tahoe. The LS version has more goodies than the base Ford SUV's, and the incentives are better than Toyota. I bought the bigger 5.3 liter V-8, and I love it. It gets only 15 MPG, but what do you expect from a SUV? My kids love the interior, and my wife can get in and out of it without needing running boards. This SUV feels like a large SUV, but it is considered a midsize. I love the handling, and love the standard features Chevrolet has put in it. Now lets see if I have any problems. It is to early yet to tell. I am a loyal Chevrolet buyer, and will continue to be.

Trailblazer
By Davidy1965 on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So far its been a great vehicle. Very roomy. It has a nice ride (better that our Buick Century) The drawback is the gas mileage, but with the size and weight of the vehicle, thats to be expected. Also, at highway speeds there is some wind noise.

New dog mobile
By Dog Lady on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was a faithful Expedition owner and went to them first when it was time for a new ride. The cost, the new interior changed my mind. This TrailBlazer has style .. it is not a minivan and it responds when you need it to.