2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:
03 TB Ext, 94K miles, Original Owner
By 03tbext on 04/24/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had this from day one. Just had dealer replace the exhaust manifold ($100 cost to me, could have beem $770). Cracking of the manifold is common, rear of the O2 sensor. If you smell exhaust under the hood when cold and freshly started, as well as a strange noise that clears up in 3-5 minutes, you have the problem. GM covered this up to 8 years and 80K miles for free, I was lucky to get for $100. Thanx GM :) Replaced all four antisway links myself, easy (gets rid of clunking when going over bumps). Also had to replace all four brake rotors and pad sets. Very happy with the Rugged Trail T/As, 94K mi. on the remaining orig. pair. Installed K&N cold air intake kit, no diff in econ.

EXT
By Dakota on 06/04/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would try GM again after many years of imports....what a mistake!. I have had this Trailblazer for 14 months, bought it with 39,000 miles. I have had over $1000 in repairs- window regulator, O2 sensor, other,various emissions work, interior panels loose, weather stripping loose, leather wears poorly. I am very disappointed with the quality. I do like the space, 3rd row of seats and towing capacity.

Don't buy a 2003 or 2004 model!!!!!
By nomoreGM2day on 03/13/09 06:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy has a problem with the cluster panel in the 2003 and 2004 models. They do not stand behind their work and are not willing to do anything about it. My dealer replaces 1 or 2 a month....this is a serious problem and not just with the Trailblazer, but ALL makes and models of Chevy's. GM needs to find a way to keep their loyal customers happy. (GM owner since the early 80's).

Never Again!
By Former GM owner on 02/06/09 11:08 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Rear air compressor, fan motor, complete brake system (twice!), front wheel bearings and now, the transmission is shot! All at 48,500 miles! Virtually every big ticket repair that could go wrong, did. Awful, awful piece of crap. Tends to slip in even mildly wet weather, overall poor traction anyway. Creature comforts are average at best. I'll never again buy this car and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, no matter what the price!

Poor Person's Suburban
By John on 10/29/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer EXT is a nice cut and paste effort from the General. The exterior styling is decent, yet the interior looks cheap and somewhat tossed together with little care or concern for fit and finish. It drives relatively well although it seems a little dis-connected from the road in the steering department. The brakes are mushy. It feels like the truck is stumbling over itself especially if you need to stop quickly. Don't get me wrong, even with all my criticism, I really do love the truck. It's roomy, the family loves it, it's cooler than a minivan, it has 4X4 for our Canadian winters, towing capability and lastly it is a smooth and comfortable ride. A poor man's Suburban.

Great Ride
By Happy Grandma on 06/21/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love at first drive! This vehicle is exactly what I need to carry kids to daycare, school and work, load all kinds of cargo, and enjoy driving all the time. It has a luxury ride, it's beautiful, and roomy. My grandson loves the opera-style 3rd row seating. He has lots of room to play and can see outside with no problem. Plenty of power.

Great SUV if your not afrqid of gas prices
By sandy on 05/17/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TrailBlazer, the extended version. Great family car seats 7. Great in the winter weather. I hate that I have to turn it in in July, but I can't afford the gas. But don't judge by me, as I am a single parent. So with a family with two incomes don't be afraid its a great vehicle!

New rig for the bigger family
By Jeff on 11/07/07 09:09 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used, I am the 2nd owner. I fell in love with it right away, the 3rd row seat is a god send, and I love the styling. The only drawback is the mileage. 12-14mpg at best in city

Don't buy one
By MSA on 09/10/07 18:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car needed to a new transmission and 34,000 miles. At 52,000 miles the water pump went, and at 55,000 miles the air-conditioning compressor went. Stay away from this car.

Great Utility Vehicle
By jwoodie on 04/24/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Although the extremely long wheelbase of this vehicle impairs parking lot maneuvering, it also provides a limosine-like ride and amazing interior room. I am not aware of any other SUV which can transport a 4x8 sheet of plywood entirely inside the vehicle! Also, the third seat is very comfortable for two adults. The V8 engine has more power yet gets the same gas mileage as the 6. Replacing the stock Continental tires greatly improved overall handling.