Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Great Ride
By Happy Grandma

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love at first drive! This vehicle is exactly what I need to carry kids to daycare, school and work, load all kinds of cargo, and enjoy driving all the time. It has a luxury ride, it's beautiful, and roomy. My grandson loves the opera-style 3rd row seating. He has lots of room to play and can see outside with no problem. Plenty of power.

Luxury ride, roomy, no mechanical problems ever, beautiful, just right for my family.

Design fan so it doesn't blow continuously - some other makes do too. Fix problem with brake light blowing out after about 4 years.

Proud Trailblazer Owners
By millerps125

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought because we wanted to be able to sit at least 6 without buying a minivan. The Trailblazer fits our budget, and is an overall wonderful fit for our family. The truck still has room for improvements but for the price it is very tough to complain. We have the 6 cyl. and still only manage 13-14 mgp city driving so the gas mileage is a downside. Plenty of room for the kids and still an extra row of seats with cargo room in the rear. With the 3rd row of seats up, the rear cargo area (between the back row and rear door) is larger than most other SUV's. We checked many others and this offered the most room.

Really enjoy the programmable garage door & gate openers. Plenty of console & overhead storage. Dual climate controls are a must when you have kids.

We were disappointed with a couple of things: no power mirrors included on base model (real pain when different drivers aren't the same height and you always have to manually change the mirrors). 3rd row seating didn't come with floor mats? Needs work to improve the flatness when 3rd row is down.

Broken at 600 miles
By NunyaBiznas

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Driving down the highway in 2 wheel drive and the 'Service 4wd' light came on. Took it to the dealer and the part is on back order! It is comfortable but that doesn't help while it is in the shop.

Make a truck that doesn't break before your first oil change. Think I got the only lemon? Go to your favorite search engine and type in trailblazer service 4wd light and see ho many hits come up. This has been a problem since at least 2000 and obviously Chevy hasn't fixed it yet.

Lovin The Trailblazer
By Indyjd

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Trailblazer because we needed room for 6. The ride is better than the Intrigue we traded in!! My wife and kids love the interior, the comfort and room inside. I love the handling and the standard features but most of all the price!!

I love the design of this SUV. This SUV is sporty, has plenty of interior room and has a super smooth ride.

I wish that the LS model came with more standard features included.

So proud of myself for this buy !!!
By Furdog

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an EXT LS Trailblazer with a V-8 in June 2004. I could not be happier with the purchase. I never thought I'd get into a 7 seat SUV for under 30 grand. With Chevy's rebates and incentives, I was well under 30 grand including interest on financing. For the price, Chevrolet comes with the most standard features of any midsize SUV. The Trailblazer is better looking than the Tahoe, and costs a lot less. I get decent gas mileage (15 MPG) and the kids love our new vehicle. I can't wait to take a long road trip. The standard features alone make the Explorer look sick. Compare the two and you will see what I mean.

I love the design of this SUV. It is sporty, yet refined. I like it better than the Tahoe. The dual air, alarm system, wireless remote system, voice recorder, stereo, and 17" wheels. The V-8 is powerful and makes me feel like a King on the road.

Chevrolet designed this SUV so the A/C warms up when you park and sit in idle. A/C should be cold all the time. The seating when folded does not create a flat trunk space. It is a wavy floor. The front cup holders are not designed to hold a bottle. Taking a sharp turn spills them.