The best lil' 4x4 on the market \O/
By tokie on
2004 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)
We found our 2004 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4 speed O/D auto.) in a little car lot in Ocala Florida on : 12-30-'13. I test drove it and was amazed with the overall performance for a small SUV with the 2.5 ltr. V6. It had a 1/4 tank of gas in it previous to the test drive, and I used an 1/16th in my "test session(s) which included a sand hill and 2-High, 4-High and 4-Low. I"tested it"for an hour,mashing the go-peddle every chance I could,windows down,ears-perked for any hint of stress of strain,and ...well...I took it back and never bothered to try and talk the dealer down a dollar. 59K miles and runs like it's brand new. $9,100 later and I'm completely happy.
Favorite Features
Torque up the WAZOO in 4-low. In 4-High it ROCKS the sand pits. In 2-high it's got passing power that astounds when you mash the go-peddle. The stereo and C.D. player jam hard enough to make your ears bleed. Leather interior is plush enough that if you closed your eyes,you would think you were Highway cruising a Cadillac. Off road the suspension is stiff enough that you are comfortable going up or down any incline. The engine bay allows easy access for maintenance and repair(s). The swing out rear access door is HUGE and sturdy. The fold down rear seats make hauling large cumbersome loads or even groceries an easy chore to accomplish.And the head rests are the whip !
Suggested Improvements
Stick a larger V-6 in it !