Tracker Opinion
By Paul on
2004 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)
Not a bad vehicle. It has plenty of power to pull my 3000lb sail boat. Its pretty light so mileage is good but, it also means that it get blown around when its windy. Leg room for the back seats is lacking for normal sized humans. The seats fold down well so there is a lot of cargo capacity. The major negative for this vehicle is the interior. The interior is cheap plastic, and the seats are uncomfortable for any duration. The lack of sound insulation is another big issue. The interior road noise for this car is very loud. On the positive, the engine is over-sized. And handling is very stable, with little body roll. It actually handles better than my previous car, a Pontiac Grand Am.
Favorite Features
2 fans under the hood. One electric for the A/C, the other direct drive for the engine. I like redundancy. Everything under the hood is within easy reach. I like having a Suzuki engine, GM engines are junk. Factory strut crossover bar is nice (but, I suspect the frame is too weak to not have it).
Suggested Improvements
Pre-installed cabin air-filter would be nice. Adding some kind of filter before the fan, as it stinks having leaves rattling in the fan. More sound insulation. The road noise in this car is loud.