2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
2004 tracker is a great little SUV
By shming007 on 06/25/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tracker ZR2 is the best vehicle I have ever had. I have never slipped a tire in the snow and ice even when other vehicles around me are slidding everywhere. When I put my foot on the accelerator I can get out of any situation.

Great little car
By John M Dunlap on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have not owned the car for long but so far it is doing a great job. We live deep in the woods over rough gravel roads and it has a fine ride and handles the mud well. Just got thru taking the car on a 1900 mile trip. Rode very well and on the return trip drove 815 miles on day and wasn't beat. Very surprised at the build quality and overall performance

Good Suv
By KellyLewd on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Does good. Runs well and no problems yet. A little bumpy ride but not too bad. vey small and compact suv yet more room than a car!!

Tracker # 2 Fantastic Vehicle
By ultrapilot on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is My second Tracker I traded my 1999 4 cyl automatic for a 2004 ZR2 fully loaded, The armrests,cruise control & V6 were needed upgrades Great Vehicle I take it everywhere. Good gas mileage for an SUV. sorry to see that GM is discontinuing the tracker Guess My nest vehicle will be a Suzuki grand vitara (same vehicle without the Bowtie)

big bang for the bucks
By singleshot on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I came from the grand jeep limited by way of a honda crv to my tracker and am very happy i did. i get a solid 24 mpg on the highway and 19 around town (i check numbers on every tank). it rides and handles very well but has an intermitant rattle that deives me nuts. lots of after market parts to set it up.

Small, but all small vehicles are fun
By blazinghotts88 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My family just got this vehicle about a year or so ago and we got it used. We never had a problem with it. This is a great starter vehicle for a teenager like me. My dad is handing me down this vehicle and I think it is just perfect for me and I enjoy driving it.

great
By MARKlee on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love it it drive great and its strong

Engine Problems
By Haji on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving sedans exclusively for the past 15 years, this was an enjoyable aquisition. We were looking for a second car and decided to try a Mini SUV - fits the profile well. Only issue was an Engine problem where by the only way to start the tracker was to pump the gas and then it would be rough running for the first minute. Turned out to be a temp sensor as part of the injector system. Had it fixed and worked fine since but the problem has come back at least twice since. I bumped into one person with another 2004 Tracker ZR2 and surprise they are having the same problem... GM please fix it.

Traded in Jeep G.Cherokee for Chevy
By v68j90j98 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. Everything is in working order and there is less road noise and roll than the Cherokee. I am much happier now that we went back to Chevy.

what a hoot
By rockhopper on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm sick of professional reviewers knocking the Tracker. The ZR2 is a GREAT vehicle. With its good ground clearance, low-range transfer case, skid plates, and tight turning radius, the ZR2 is fully off-road capable. It's also nimble and zippy around town and on the highway. Body lean is very slight for its high ground clearance and high profile (love that head room and great visibility!), and the ride is taut and firm. Noise levels are fine. The V-6 offers plenty of power, and gas mileage is decent (aboout 22 mpg). The Tracker is built well and is very reliable.