Used 2004 Chevrolet Tracker Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Tracker Opinion
By Paul

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Not a bad vehicle. It has plenty of power to pull my 3000lb sail boat. Its pretty light so mileage is good but, it also means that it get blown around when its windy. Leg room for the back seats is lacking for normal sized humans. The seats fold down well so there is a lot of cargo capacity. The major negative for this vehicle is the interior. The interior is cheap plastic, and the seats are uncomfortable for any duration. The lack of sound insulation is another big issue. The interior road noise for this car is very loud. On the positive, the engine is over-sized. And handling is very stable, with little body roll. It actually handles better than my previous car, a Pontiac Grand Am.

2 fans under the hood. One electric for the A/C, the other direct drive for the engine. I like redundancy. Everything under the hood is within easy reach. I like having a Suzuki engine, GM engines are junk. Factory strut crossover bar is nice (but, I suspect the frame is too weak to not have it).

Pre-installed cabin air-filter would be nice. Adding some kind of filter before the fan, as it stinks having leaves rattling in the fan. More sound insulation. The road noise in this car is loud.

fun little car
By tr5t1

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV. I love to drive it and feel safe getting to where I need to go. I feel fancy without the fancy sticker price. It is the right size and power for a single mom on the go.

chevrolet tracker opinion
By demetria hammonds

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like my chevrolet tracker,i'ts a good price,good on gas mileage,fun to drive

small steering wheel,easy to manuever,small but enough room for myself and my son.

i'don't like the daytime running lights i wish that would had an option, on the daytime running lights.

n/a
By carriebe

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Tracker handles well, has much more room inside then it appears, is comfortable to drive. I believe it gives a "sporty" feel. I am completely satisfied with my vehicle.

fold down seats easy to use CD/stereo drivers roominess good handling

more interior storage space within drivers reach