2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
The best lil' 4x4 on the market \O/
By tokie on 01/02/14 17:25 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We found our 2004 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4 speed O/D auto.) in a little car lot in Ocala Florida on : 12-30-'13. I test drove it and was amazed with the overall performance for a small SUV with the 2.5 ltr. V6. It had a 1/4 tank of gas in it previous to the test drive, and I used an 1/16th in my "test session(s) which included a sand hill and 2-High, 4-High and 4-Low. I"tested it"for an hour,mashing the go-peddle every chance I could,windows down,ears-perked for any hint of stress of strain,and ...well...I took it back and never bothered to try and talk the dealer down a dollar. 59K miles and runs like it's brand new. $9,100 later and I'm completely happy.

Nice little SUV
By mrwilson99 on 04/10/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this SUV. It's small and should be better on gas since it's lighter than most SUVs. Having less leg room is a challenge but overall, a nice ride.

Great SUV
By Deena on 10/29/07 02:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tracker. I had been without a car for a couple years and got a job that required me to have a car. I looked at 2 cars. The Tracker was the only one I test drove and I loved it the second I got in it. It's great on road trips and I can get everything I need into it. The cargo space could be just a tad longer but it works for me.

Tracker Opinion
By Paul on 04/01/07 05:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Not a bad vehicle. It has plenty of power to pull my 3000lb sail boat. Its pretty light so mileage is good but, it also means that it get blown around when its windy. Leg room for the back seats is lacking for normal sized humans. The seats fold down well so there is a lot of cargo capacity. The major negative for this vehicle is the interior. The interior is cheap plastic, and the seats are uncomfortable for any duration. The lack of sound insulation is another big issue. The interior road noise for this car is very loud. On the positive, the engine is over-sized. And handling is very stable, with little body roll. It actually handles better than my previous car, a Pontiac Grand Am.

2004 LT Tracker
By RW on 03/28/07 10:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have 28,000 miles on my '04 LT Tracker. I get 22 mpg city, and 24 mpg highway at 70 mph. The interior layout is very dated but functional. It's that 70's retro look. Front seating is a bit cramped and rear seating is really just for kids.

2004 Wildfire Red 4WD
By Roger Engelken on 02/24/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car for the 4WD given the harsh December and January we had here in Northern Colorado. It has worked admirably in the snow, and now is a joy to drive on once again dry roads. I've had no issues with it, and getting replacement parts thus far has been very easy to do. After five coats of wax it has a good new shine once again. No missing the wildfire red color.

2004 tracker is a great little SUV
By shming007 on 06/25/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tracker ZR2 is the best vehicle I have ever had. I have never slipped a tire in the snow and ice even when other vehicles around me are slidding everywhere. When I put my foot on the accelerator I can get out of any situation.

Great Deal
By Dan on 09/27/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle in March of 2005 as new with full warrenty. Dealer sold for $14,000 with sticker of $23,000. Unfortunately we had to accept it with only the std options that it came with. After 10,000 miles no problems. Can't wait to try out the 4x4 in Michigan winters.

More for the money
By Tom on 01/22/05 17:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tracker after I had wrecked my Blazer. I did so out of economical reasons and wound up being pleasantly surprised. It has more strength in the V6 engine and pretty good mileage. It handled better than my old Blazer in the poor weather and it is handling its first winter like a champ! The only problem is that it is just a tad too small for rear adult passengers and cargo. However, for a single person who wants more versatility out of their vehicle, the Tracker is the smart way to go.

chevy tracker roller
By patti houston on 11/13/04 09:25 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i did not enjoy the chevy tracker i purchased . the gas mileage was not good and the brakes sucked on gravel roads . needless to say the day i rolled my tracker in to a ditch , it was totaled . the trackers are way too light in the rear end , especially on gravel roads .

1 2 3 4 5 next »