2003 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Review: My 2003 Tracker

2003 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Review

Base Convertible SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My 2003 Tracker
By JIM on

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lucky to find '03 with less than 6k. I drive a lot, 250 to 400 miles a week. Use it in my job and get mileage allowance for it. Fun to drive. The optional 2.0 liter engine is very peppy over the base engine, even with the automatic trans, which I have grown to like. Easy to park, easy to turn in tight spots, turns super tight U-turns. Lucky to find and like white color for very sunny climate I am in. I did have to replace the rear axle bearrings at about 36k and a cost of about $1,300, ouch! Just out of standard warranty. Still wondering why the 2 door uses the same axle as the 4 door, and having less weight, should not of had a problem burning out, even carrying me, 280 lb guy! No other problems.

The convertible freature, although I've convert edto aftermarket hard top. Can remove front section and opening is so much bigger that the std flip back soft top. Overall, the hardtop is more secure, quieter, better looking and cooler( tinted windows, you can't tint plastic windows) Like PW/PDL Opt.

Bring back to 2Dr Model, w/V-6 opt. Replace the soft top with a factory hardtop. Offer 4 wheel disc w/ABS. Make custom wheel fitting easier. The front calipers restrict wheel options. In 2wd auto, put rear pump in trans, making towing available without maybe burning up trans. Make ZR2 option also.