Used 2003 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

1st time Tracker
By 1st time Tracker

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter and we both love it! The gas mileage is OK compared to Jeep Liberty and really fun to drive. Cheap to insure compared to others. This thing really goes!

Easy viewing with no blind spots. Rear open hatch. Acceleration, handling

More substantial arm rests, better stereo

Fun as it gets
By fun car

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a great little gas saver. Did not think it would do this good on gas. Still has enough power to pull my little camper and my small boat.

More options than you would get on cars costing much more.

I wish the arm rest on the doors were padded.

Good small SUV
By dobguy1

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a pretty practical SUV. I have enjoyed it though I don't drive a whole lot, it is dependable and kind of fun to drive. It has a power button which my son calls a thruster.

I like the body style

Needs better handling, causes tipover fairly easy.

Great for couple with no kids
By L.H.

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little Tracker. I bought it 5 years ago and have not had one bit of trouble with it. This vehicle is very compact if you need to put a child car seat in the back seat be prepared to have the chid banging the back of your seat. You can't fit an adult in the back seat comfortably. But that aside if you put the seats down you have a huge amount of room to haul stuff. This little SUV is very cute and alot of fun to drive. It has get up and go and handles well. When you pop it into four wheel drive you can go through almost anything. In Minnesota winters it has come in handy a quite a few times. My car sits outside and it has always started even when the temp was 30 below zero.

Sporty look and the way it handles. I would absolutly buy another one.

The only real problem I have is the last place the defroster defrosts is where you need to look out the window to drive.

My 2003 Tracker
By JIM

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lucky to find '03 with less than 6k. I drive a lot, 250 to 400 miles a week. Use it in my job and get mileage allowance for it. Fun to drive. The optional 2.0 liter engine is very peppy over the base engine, even with the automatic trans, which I have grown to like. Easy to park, easy to turn in tight spots, turns super tight U-turns. Lucky to find and like white color for very sunny climate I am in. I did have to replace the rear axle bearrings at about 36k and a cost of about $1,300, ouch! Just out of standard warranty. Still wondering why the 2 door uses the same axle as the 4 door, and having less weight, should not of had a problem burning out, even carrying me, 280 lb guy! No other problems.

The convertible freature, although I've convert edto aftermarket hard top. Can remove front section and opening is so much bigger that the std flip back soft top. Overall, the hardtop is more secure, quieter, better looking and cooler( tinted windows, you can't tint plastic windows) Like PW/PDL Opt.

Bring back to 2Dr Model, w/V-6 opt. Replace the soft top with a factory hardtop. Offer 4 wheel disc w/ABS. Make custom wheel fitting easier. The front calipers restrict wheel options. In 2wd auto, put rear pump in trans, making towing available without maybe burning up trans. Make ZR2 option also.