Used 2003 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Pleasant surprise
By SJ

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the chassis on a RAV4 and knew it wasn't what I wanted so I opted for the Tracker, which is more truck for the buck. It runs and rides like one (as would be expected), which is fine with me. Not fond of the plastic trim, radio or fan, but the overall package works- people like it, the engine's a breeze to work on if you need to, and the 'P' (power) switch works, adjusting the shift pattern to provide more power. It gets surprisingly good mileage- up to 25 mpg on the freeway at legal speeds. Too bad Suzuki gave up on the design, it was a classic.

4WD, window line (visibility), handling, gas mileage, easy to park

Quality of the interior, rear drum brakes

2003 Tracker Convertible
By Karen

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found the car I wanted then starting looking for it and found it with only 47,000 miles and in mint condition. It is exactly what I wanted, fun, good mileage, and so far dependable. I am 65 and can't tell you how many seniors have stopped me to tell them they want one too. Don't know why they stopped making them.

Convertible, easy to get in and out of, easy to park, easy to turn around in small spaces...just overall fun and easy to drive.

Need more console space and compartments.

I LOVE MY TRACKER!!!
By Angela

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my tracker for just over a year, and has put over 20,000 kms on it so far...its a great road trip car...lots of space with the seats down.. however not much room for adults with long legs in the back.. It turns great and handles well... haven't had any problems mechanically..."knock on wood".. very quiet... and reliable. Can anyone tell me what that power button is actually for??

great on gas...sporty features...great for heavy winter driving...

Needs a better look and sence of comfort in the interior... very stiff and plain...

The perfect first car
By inlovewithyellow

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my tracker when I was 16, and found that it was the perfect first car. It was easy to drive, with just enough room without being a beast on the road. I felt safe and had no serious blindspots. The 4 cylinder engine was the perfect balance between power and fuel economy. It did anything I asked, from driving up curvy, curvy mountainous roads, to in- town driving, to going three miles up, three miles down on Mt. Currahee (a gravel, washed out road up a mountain...very off road). I could stow gear, friends and even haul bricks. After 6 years, it started to have a few problems starting, but started when given gas. It quit when idling at a stoplight once, but the dealer could find nothing.

4 cylinder engine, perfect size, decent sound system, sturdy seats, and it looked fantastic in yellow.

aux hookup, and tires that are not hard to find to replace.

Wearing it out
By Mike

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this tracker 300 miles a week in western Pa. Factory tires were OK, but an upgrade to Uniroyal Laredo tires made driving in snow and offroad much better. The car works great for me commuting to work, but is not very good as a family use car. It has little cargo space and small rear seat. It has been fairly reliable but is now developing some problems. I had rear differential bearings replaced at 80k miles @ $500.At 100k miles the engine developed a rattling or knock at idle, I believe this to be timing chain problem. I have a wheel bearing making noise and the oil pan is rusting through from the outside. I also have had both cat. converters replaced.The car now has near 143k.

The short wheelbase makes this car handle well, I tow a 10 ft. trailer which it handles great forward and backwards.

Better corrosion protection