2003 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Fun as it gets
By fun car on 05/19/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a great little gas saver. Did not think it would do this good on gas. Still has enough power to pull my little camper and my small boat.

Good small SUV
By dobguy1 on 04/16/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a pretty practical SUV. I have enjoyed it though I don't drive a whole lot, it is dependable and kind of fun to drive. It has a power button which my son calls a thruster.

Great for couple with no kids
By L.H. on 03/25/08 03:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little Tracker. I bought it 5 years ago and have not had one bit of trouble with it. This vehicle is very compact if you need to put a child car seat in the back seat be prepared to have the chid banging the back of your seat. You can't fit an adult in the back seat comfortably. But that aside if you put the seats down you have a huge amount of room to haul stuff. This little SUV is very cute and alot of fun to drive. It has get up and go and handles well. When you pop it into four wheel drive you can go through almost anything. In Minnesota winters it has come in handy a quite a few times. My car sits outside and it has always started even when the temp was 30 below zero.

My 2003 Tracker
By JIM on 03/21/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lucky to find '03 with less than 6k. I drive a lot, 250 to 400 miles a week. Use it in my job and get mileage allowance for it. Fun to drive. The optional 2.0 liter engine is very peppy over the base engine, even with the automatic trans, which I have grown to like. Easy to park, easy to turn in tight spots, turns super tight U-turns. Lucky to find and like white color for very sunny climate I am in. I did have to replace the rear axle bearrings at about 36k and a cost of about $1,300, ouch! Just out of standard warranty. Still wondering why the 2 door uses the same axle as the 4 door, and having less weight, should not of had a problem burning out, even carrying me, 280 lb guy! No other problems.

Problems
By Bad Chevy on 03/27/06 12:20 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this Tracker, I was looking for reliability. I am not happy! I have now gone through 3 Cat. Conv., springs on the rear rotors. I am still having problems with them and gaskets galore. I have a 1994 Tracker a long time ago and it was awesome. I can't wait to get rid of this one!

Good Value
By Charles Howell on 02/04/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have absolutely no complaints thus far. A very economical car with a noticeably choppy ride at times. But, no problems.

Great SMALL SUV
By Kaylees' Mommy on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great SMALL SUV. If you don't need a lot of room then this is for you. The gas mileage is great, I have a 4cyl automatic and get around 23-25 city and even better highway.

I liked it more than my wife
By northernXposed on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just sold my tracker after 4100 miles. My re-sale wasn't bad. I acyually liked that little truck...my wife didn't. We had to sell it though because we were moving and couldn't take it with us. Fun ride, not bad off- road and a lot more room than expected with the rear seats down.

great purchase
By vicaltman on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a basic 4wd with an awesome look and a stable feel. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

Not bad really...
By deezy on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My tacker isnt the prettiest or nicest car in the world however it has room and drvies well. She has good get up and go and is "cute". I cant think of anything bad to say about it all! I have had no problems and it handles well in the snow and rain if I kick it into 4 wheel drive. The only bad thing is the gas mileage but that comes with the territory huh??