2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Great little Truck
By dagda567 on 09/01/11 12:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had mine for about 4 months now. After having a 2002 tracker 4 cyl I wanted another. The V6 is VERY underpowered, but is adequate, its not a sports car afterall. I love the styling on the ZR2 and mine has the leather seats which are great. The fold flat floor is hady too. On complaint would be the gas mileage, I average about 16 city, and maybe 22 hwy. Which is terrible considering the size, but I love it so much I cant get rid of it!

Great car for daughter
By Kt on 04/03/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my daughter. Not a car with great p/u so i knew she would not be taking off from a dead stop. Not a lot of room in back seat so other kids did not like riding in it so i knew they would not pile into her car. Great leg room in front seat. Has used this car to travel back and forth to school in northeast. Handles great in snow and rain. Easy to park. Good car for a parent concerned about kids safety.

Pleasant surprise
By SJ on 12/29/09 13:27 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the chassis on a RAV4 and knew it wasn't what I wanted so I opted for the Tracker, which is more truck for the buck. It runs and rides like one (as would be expected), which is fine with me. Not fond of the plastic trim, radio or fan, but the overall package works- people like it, the engine's a breeze to work on if you need to, and the 'P' (power) switch works, adjusting the shift pattern to provide more power. It gets surprisingly good mileage- up to 25 mpg on the freeway at legal speeds. Too bad Suzuki gave up on the design, it was a classic.

2003 Tracker Convertible
By Karen on 10/10/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found the car I wanted then starting looking for it and found it with only 47,000 miles and in mint condition. It is exactly what I wanted, fun, good mileage, and so far dependable. I am 65 and can't tell you how many seniors have stopped me to tell them they want one too. Don't know why they stopped making them.

I LOVE MY TRACKER!!!
By Angela on 09/24/09 23:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my tracker for just over a year, and has put over 20,000 kms on it so far...its a great road trip car...lots of space with the seats down.. however not much room for adults with long legs in the back.. It turns great and handles well... haven't had any problems mechanically..."knock on wood".. very quiet... and reliable. Can anyone tell me what that power button is actually for??

The perfect first car
By inlovewithyellow on 09/11/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my tracker when I was 16, and found that it was the perfect first car. It was easy to drive, with just enough room without being a beast on the road. I felt safe and had no serious blindspots. The 4 cylinder engine was the perfect balance between power and fuel economy. It did anything I asked, from driving up curvy, curvy mountainous roads, to in- town driving, to going three miles up, three miles down on Mt. Currahee (a gravel, washed out road up a mountain...very off road). I could stow gear, friends and even haul bricks. After 6 years, it started to have a few problems starting, but started when given gas. It quit when idling at a stoplight once, but the dealer could find nothing.

Wearing it out
By Mike on 03/10/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this tracker 300 miles a week in western Pa. Factory tires were OK, but an upgrade to Uniroyal Laredo tires made driving in snow and offroad much better. The car works great for me commuting to work, but is not very good as a family use car. It has little cargo space and small rear seat. It has been fairly reliable but is now developing some problems. I had rear differential bearings replaced at 80k miles @ $500.At 100k miles the engine developed a rattling or knock at idle, I believe this to be timing chain problem. I have a wheel bearing making noise and the oil pan is rusting through from the outside. I also have had both cat. converters replaced.The car now has near 143k.

Make more suv's like these
By summer on 02/28/09 20:52 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is perfect for travel. You sit in this SUV upright so that your back is happy. You can see the road for miles. You can haul most anything on the racks or when you put down the back seats. Low maintenance overall. I want a new one with this is paid off.

Love it!
By JJ on 11/04/08 11:20 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had several much more expensive cars, but I love this one the most. The gas mileage is great and it is small and maneuverable and can be parked anywhere! I drive a lot of miles and it is unexpectedly comfortable, even on long trips. Not a huge amount of power (watch out when passing!), but fun to drive. Perfect for toting around 2 large dogs. Had some problems with the power windows wearing out and the exterior portion of the door handles breaking. Other than that, no major maintenance issues (knock on wood). 145,000 miles and counting!

1st time Tracker
By 1st time Tracker on 06/17/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter and we both love it! The gas mileage is OK compared to Jeep Liberty and really fun to drive. Cheap to insure compared to others. This thing really goes!

1 2 3 4 5 next »