Used 2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Great little Truck
By dagda567

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had mine for about 4 months now. After having a 2002 tracker 4 cyl I wanted another. The V6 is VERY underpowered, but is adequate, its not a sports car afterall. I love the styling on the ZR2 and mine has the leather seats which are great. The fold flat floor is hady too. On complaint would be the gas mileage, I average about 16 city, and maybe 22 hwy. Which is terrible considering the size, but I love it so much I cant get rid of it!

Favorite Features

The unstoppable 4x4. The small size. The exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

The interior needed re-worked, BADLY. And A sunroof should have been an option for the 4-door. As well as more fuel efficient drive trains. Bring the tracker back and don't make it as big and gaudy as the equinox! That thing would explode if it so much as thought about going off-road.

Problems
By Bad Chevy

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this Tracker, I was looking for reliability. I am not happy! I have now gone through 3 Cat. Conv., springs on the rear rotors. I am still having problems with them and gaskets galore. I have a 1994 Tracker a long time ago and it was awesome. I can't wait to get rid of this one!

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive- it goes through anything! Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

There needs to be more room in between the fronts seats and the backs seats. My 2 year old's feet are hitting the front seats. If I move up the front, there is no room for the passenger.

Not bad really...
By deezy

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My tacker isnt the prettiest or nicest car in the world however it has room and drvies well. She has good get up and go and is "cute". I cant think of anything bad to say about it all! I have had no problems and it handles well in the snow and rain if I kick it into 4 wheel drive. The only bad thing is the gas mileage but that comes with the territory huh??

Favorite Features

I like that I fet into the seat nicely. Keep in mind though that I am only 4 ft 11 so it is nice for me.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage! Just making it nicer instead of plasticy in side. It is a car worth a few little upgrades!

ONE MONTH REVIEW
By VANDERHEY

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

TRADING IN A 1998 TRACKER WITH ONLY A 1.6L ENGINE, THIS CAR HAS MORE PEP BUT LESS GAS MILAGE, THE CARS RIDE IS BETTER AND LESS TRUCK LIKE.

Favorite Features

NICE HAVING TILT STEARING WHEEL, MORE ADJUSTMENTS ON THE DRIVERS SEAT AND CRUISE CONTROL FOR TRIPS

Suggested Improvements

SHOULD BE EQUIPED WITH FACTORY FOG LIGHTS FOR ADDED ROAD SAFETY. AND HAVE AN OPTION FOR TURNING OFF THE HEAD LIGHTS.

ZR2 2.5V6
By e ransbury

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent in snow and ice. travels dirt and mud roads smoothly with its full ladder frame. No body or frame flex on rough roads. Skid plates have been puit to use during play tme. Carries two dogs in kennel in back with rear seats rolled down. v6 is very surprising high revver.

Favorite Features

PROS: Full ladder frame V6 for highway OD Auto Excellent ERGO seating Rugged 4WD NOT AWD

Suggested Improvements

CONS: GM tubular, add-on, running boards elevate vehicle in deep snow.