Used 2003 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Reliable, ugly little beast
By tompaine1

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Tracker, and first V-6. They are kinda ugly, but they always get you home. Mine serves two purposes: toad behind my motorhome and deeep boondocks transportation for hunting, fishing, and birding. I would much prefer it to a Jeep to cross the continental divide. Wife doesn't like the seats, as they are cloth covered cinder blocks, but....hey. Ice, snow, mud, sand....never been stopped.

Toughness and reliability

Softer seats

Great little Truck
By dagda567

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had mine for about 4 months now. After having a 2002 tracker 4 cyl I wanted another. The V6 is VERY underpowered, but is adequate, its not a sports car afterall. I love the styling on the ZR2 and mine has the leather seats which are great. The fold flat floor is hady too. On complaint would be the gas mileage, I average about 16 city, and maybe 22 hwy. Which is terrible considering the size, but I love it so much I cant get rid of it!

The unstoppable 4x4. The small size. The exterior styling.

The interior needed re-worked, BADLY. And A sunroof should have been an option for the 4-door. As well as more fuel efficient drive trains. Bring the tracker back and don't make it as big and gaudy as the equinox! That thing would explode if it so much as thought about going off-road.

Great car for daughter
By Kt

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my daughter. Not a car with great p/u so i knew she would not be taking off from a dead stop. Not a lot of room in back seat so other kids did not like riding in it so i knew they would not pile into her car. Great leg room in front seat. Has used this car to travel back and forth to school in northeast. Handles great in snow and rain. Easy to park. Good car for a parent concerned about kids safety.

Room in front seats

Nothing, would take away why you would buy this car.

Pleasant surprise
By SJ

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the chassis on a RAV4 and knew it wasn't what I wanted so I opted for the Tracker, which is more truck for the buck. It runs and rides like one (as would be expected), which is fine with me. Not fond of the plastic trim, radio or fan, but the overall package works- people like it, the engine's a breeze to work on if you need to, and the 'P' (power) switch works, adjusting the shift pattern to provide more power. It gets surprisingly good mileage- up to 25 mpg on the freeway at legal speeds. Too bad Suzuki gave up on the design, it was a classic.

4WD, window line (visibility), handling, gas mileage, easy to park

Quality of the interior, rear drum brakes

2003 Tracker Convertible
By Karen

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found the car I wanted then starting looking for it and found it with only 47,000 miles and in mint condition. It is exactly what I wanted, fun, good mileage, and so far dependable. I am 65 and can't tell you how many seniors have stopped me to tell them they want one too. Don't know why they stopped making them.

Convertible, easy to get in and out of, easy to park, easy to turn around in small spaces...just overall fun and easy to drive.

Need more console space and compartments.